Best Time to Visit Kenya
Peak season: The ideal time to visit Kenya is from June through October and then in the months of January and February. This period is most suitable for animal safaris in Maasai Mara as the climate is dry, making it favourable for spotting the animals.
Shoulder season: November to December is the time when there's sporadic rainfall throughout Kenya, and prices tend to fall compared to the peak season. There are less number of tourists during this period compared to the peak season.
Off-season: March to May are the months when there is heavy rainfall and hotel tariffs are at their lowest. It is advisable to not embark on an animal safari during these months as the chances of spotting animals are very low.
Budget for Kenya
For Budget Travellers: INR 2500 - 3000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and lodges: INR 1000-1500
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 200-400
- Public Transport INR 80-150
- Sightseeing: INR 200-300
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 3000 to INR 6000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays: INR 1500-3000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 700-1000
- Local transport local taxis: INR 100-600
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 100-1000
For Luxury Travellers: INR 6000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 4000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 400 and upwards
- Sightseeing and Activities: INR 1000 and upwards
Visa Information for Kenya
Indian nationals can obtain a 3-month visa which will cost around Rs. 3,400. Obtaining the Kenya visa application makes use of a simple procedure, as tourist visas can be obtained on arrival at all the three international airports. Nationals of EU, Australia, New Zealand, US and Canada do not require a visa to enter Kenya. Kenya tourist visa allows you to stay for a minimum period of three months which can also be extended for a further three-month period. One of the most easiest ways to get a Kenya visa is the e-visa scheme. A passport with a validity of more than six months is needed to get through the Kenya visa application process.