Best Time to Visit New Zealand
Peak Season: (Dec−Feb) This is the ideal time to visit New Zealand if you want to indulge in outdoor activities. Most of the public places are busy during this period of time.
Shoulder Season: (Mar-Apr) The weather is warm during this period, ideal to visit the beaches as there is not a lot of rush. There are fewer tourists during this period compared to that at the beginning of the year.
Off-season: (May-Aug) It's that time of the year when the adventure activities are in full flow, the Southern Alps is one such place where you can try out skiing.
Budget for New Zealand
For Budget Travellers: INR 3000 - 4500 a day
- Accommodation in hostels: INR 1000-1400
- Food in shacks and street eateries: INR 700-1000
- Public Transport and buses: INR 150 - 200.
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 5000 to 8000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels, villas and homestays: INR 1500 - 4000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 2000- 4000
- Local transport in rapid transit and local taxis: INR 500 -700.
For Luxury Travellers: INR 9000 and upwards a day
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 6000 and upwards (INR 9000 and upwards in the peak season)
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 4000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 500 and upwards.
Visa Information for New Zealand
An Australian citizen does not require visa for New Zealand. British citizens and other British passport holders can reside in New Zealand for a period of 6 months. Nationals of countries which are a part of European Union can stay in New Zealand for a period of 30 days. If you are an India citizen, you can get New Zealand visa for a period of 90 days which will cost you INR 9,150. The entire process can be completed within 15 working days. Click here if you want to apply for the visa