Story of my first solo travel !!
Initially when solo came to my mind the obvious thoughts i had were : What if someone mugs me? Who's gonna click my pictures? What happen if my bike breaks down in between? and blah blah blah ....
Yes, all of those were a real concern so I planned beforehand and made arrangements to make sure there was no issue.
But had I stopped there and didn't go on this trip, there were lot of learnings which i would have missed. Sharing some of my learnings from my first solo trip and stories associated with them
1) Seeked Discomfort: Took a 650Km round trip including the detours in 36 hours on my bike to a complete unknown place.
2) Gained Self confidence : In the middle of nowhere I stopped my vehicle due to block by a transgender on the road. After 20 minutes of conversation, we became good friends.
3) Opened up to random people : Shared food over a bonfire with 4 random people at night
4) Didn't care about "log kya kahenge" : Tried kayaking for the first time. Slipped into the river like a fool while stepping on the kayak.
5) Learnt to be in the moment : At night 1 o clock I came out of my tent. Lied down on my motorcycle which was parked next to my tent and stargazed for an hour.
6) Became trusting : Left my backpack behind while going to washroom in the hands of some random person which i had met a minute before.
7) I was never alone : There were so many people, who needed someone else's presence .. so many stories, that needed an ear .. so many faces, that needed a smile ..They were not alone and neither was I.
This trip will always remain one of my most special trip not because of the destination rather for the lessons i learnt.
I would recommend each one of you to take a solo trip to whichever place comes first on your mind. The destination doesn't matter. It's the matter of deciding to be free. #YouAreEnough
P.S Saftey first. Plan, Prepare and then Go.