Best described as a microcosm of Asia,
Singapore is an island city state in South East Asia and is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Asia.
The city offers plethora of options and a bunch of varied experience for every tourist, such as, the relaxing island of Sentosa, Adventurous rides of Universal Studio, beautiful gardens by the Bay and Tree grooves, the iconic Marina Bay Sands hotel and the Merlion, wildlife at Singapore Zoo, the greenery of botanic Garden, the giant Singapore flyer, the Singapore Night Safari and River safari, the city has it all.
With picture-perfect skyline and city centre bustling with people, this 'City in a Garden' is a blend of cultures, cuisines and new architectures. The incredible shopping malls, classy boutiques, departmental stores on Orchard Road, the exotic elements of Chinatown and Little India and the world-class nightlife span across the spotless land of Singapore.
Here's a complete 5 day itinerary to explore this beautiful country:
Early morning arrive at Singapore. Checkin at your hotel and relax. Post lunch, start your trip with the beautiful gardens and tree grooves at 'Gardens by the bay'. There you can experience 0the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest. Climb the magnificent Tree grooves to get a sparkling evening view of the Gardens and Marina bay Sands. The Gardens close by 8 pm so make sure to cover the above three major attractions on time. From here, take a short walk to the Marina Bay Sands. You can choose to head to the top of the 55-storey tower to visit the world's largest infinity pool and atrium casino. Or just explore the vibe around the tower and take beautiful pictures. Enjoy the fountain show here at 9pm and then walk to the oppsite of the Marina Bay to reach the picturesque Merlion park housing the iconic Merlion statue.
Enjoy dinner and head back to the hotel for rest.
Grab heavy breakfast at your hotel and energetically start the second day of your trip at Sentosa islands. You need a complete day to explore the beauty and enjoy the activities at this island. You will have to take a cable car to reach Sentosa island from the nearest bus stop.
1) Start with the S.E.A aquarium which is one of the largest aquariums in the world. The chief draw of SEA Aquarium is the Open Ocean Tank - world's largest viewing panel at 36-m long and 8.3m high. This magical marine world is home to varied exotic marine biodiversity such as the Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin, scalloped hammerhead shark, nurse shark, giant moray eel, poison arrow frog, clownfish, sea nettle, giant Pacific octopus and the Japanese spider crab, unique species like the guitarfish and the chambered nautilus. You can spend 3-4 hours inside the aquarium before you get out to explore other adventure activities.
2) Enjoy adventurous rides with Skyline Luge which includes a sky ride and a Luge ride (luge is similar to go carting).
3) You can visit the Madam Tussads Museum displaying wax statues of celebrities and famous people from the globe if time permits.
4) Sentosa Beach- You can also choose to swim or relax at the beach.
5) Wings of fire show : This spectacular light show about friendship and courage is the best fitting end to your day out at Sentosa. The show timings are fixed and seats are on first come first serve basis so make sure to reach before the show starts.
Have dinner at Sentosa food court and head back to hotel.
Get ready for the most adventurous part of the Singapore trip, the Universal Studios. It is a theme park located within the Sentosa Island. So plan your transport to the destination similar to day 2. The theme park features 28 rides,
shows and attractions in seven themed zones like Transforners, Jurassic Park, Madagascar etc. Spend time visiting these seven themed zones and enjoy roller coaster rides, light and water shows, restaurants and food courts.
Day 4: Spend the first half of your day at the Singapore zoo. Set in a rainforest environment, Singapore Zoo's world-famous "Open Concept” offers the opportunity to experience and be inspired by the wonders of nature. You can also explore Jurong Bird Sanctuary and River Safari in the same neighborhood if time permits. Enjoy evening at the beautiful open restaurants at the historical riverside Clarke Quay.
Embark on an adventure after dark at the Night Safari, an open air zoo that houses over 2,500 creatures of the night.
Start your day with the beautiful green Botanical gardens.
Spend rest of the day shopping and eating at either posh expensive shopping malls of Orchard street or at the economical street markets at burgis street, China town and Little India. In the evening, take a ride at Singapore flyer to get a mesmerizing view of the entire city.
Check out from hotel and head to airport. Spare some time to view the amazing rainforest views at Singapore airport.
Internal transport: Singapore's public transport is one of the best in the world. It's very pocket friendly, highly convenient and extensively connects all places across the city. The color coded and properly numbered maps help you navigate to any part of the city very easily. Purchase Eazy link card from any of the 7 eleven stores and use it for all buses and trains.
Food: For Indians, the best place to eat is Little India where you can easily get Indian Vegetarian meal. Some of the recommendations would be Sarvana Bhavan, Bombay House, The Handi etc.
There are good but expensive restaurants at Clark quay where you can enjoy food in open air at the waterfront.
Shopping- Mustafa in little india is best place for souvenirs and chocolates, street shopping at bugis street for clothes and jewelry, China town for miscellaneous items.
Other places to visit if time permits-
River safari/ Jurong Bird Sanctuary/East coast beach