Pushkar to Ajmer and Delhi
My Pushkar tour came to an end all with beautiful memories to take back. Pushkar is so beautiful and peaceful to visit once in the lifetime. Ok, some may find it a bit tedious during the tour, but the calmness of the place has a magic that will keep triggering you after your visit. So colorful, so religious and so close to the tradition, Pushkar is the best offbeat destination of Rajasthan to find the new way of exploring.
What not to miss in Pushkar
This was my first trip, so I missed out a lot of things.
• The morning Ghat arti with the sunset view can make your day. I couldn’t experience, but what as per the experience of my co-travelers and tour compions, I got to know what I missed.
• Get up early and run to see the hot air balloon flight. You can even have balloon ride. The big colourful hot air balloons are best to observe the entire Pushkar. That must be beautiful and I regretted it later because the tiring day couldn’t let me wake up early.
• Cultural shows are the lifeline and luckily I attended one. The gracious Kalbelia dance, folk music, camel art, everything makes the Pushkar fair more amazing.
• Be prepared to enjoy every ride, from camel to the Giant wheel. Adding fun and thrill is really important.
Key points for a happy tour
• • Don’t expect any nonvegetarian food or alcohol for the entire Pushkar tour. Being a holy place it’s better to be away from these eatables and drinks.
• • You will be on target for all the children, beggars and pandits. They will ask you for money but better to avoid them.
• • Bargain if you have a plan to shop. The prices will be high and your bargaining skills will help you a lot.
• • Be polite, happy and yes friendly with the local people. People of Pushkar are lovable and exchanging few words with them will make you feel more comfortable and easy.
• • Special attention to your attire. Be in loose comfortable and yes full clothes. If not because of the public, then for yourself. The sand, sun, and dust may leave you all tanned and mess up by the trip ends. So better be in cool loose fitted clothes with sneakers.
• • For a good budget trip, get your hotels book in advance. Try dwelling at Pushkar to enjoy every program. Residing at a distant place, you have to leave early for safety issues.
• • Be ready to click every moment as you never know what interesting you find at this Pushkar Camel Fair.