Here are the reasons why Sikkim should visit Sikkim at least once in lifetime:
1. Sikkim is a land of mountains ,waterfalls, rivers and clear blue sky
2. The Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest mountain in the world, is situated in the state.
3. Monastery’s for meditation
4. The state has an enormous variety of flora and fauna
From tropical to the alpines. Sikkim’s botanical and zoological richness is awe- inspiring, boasting of more than 4000 species of plants and 30% of all the birds found in the Indian sub-continent. The state animal is the Red Panda. 81% of the state comes under the administration of the forest department.
5. Sikkimese cuisine - Momos, Thukpa, and Wontons etc etc
6. Declared as India’s cleanest state
The state was given this title in 2012, and it aims to become a completely organic one by 2015. Things like plastic bags are completely banned here.
7. It is a land of adventure
Activities like trekking, river rafting, yak safaris and mountaineering always attract tourists.
8. Land of Lakes- Gurudongmar Lake, Chhangu Lake, Khechiperi Lake, Kupup Lake, Elephant Lake and many more.
9. Beautiful Valleys: Tukla Valley,Yumthang valley,Nathang Valley Etc Etc.
10.War Memorials of India’s Brave Army.