Early morning we hopped on to the metro (Green Line) to reach Pireaus Port. We queued in to the Blue Star Ferry for Santorini. We had pre-booked Blue star tickets online : https://bookonline.bluestarferries.com/uts_web/BookOnline.aspx?lang=EN
Things we could not cover due to shortage of time: Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Acropolis Museum, Mount Lycabettus.
Tips and Highlights:
• Greece is covered under Schengen Visa
• Euro is the main currency used in Greece
• English is generally spoken, but people will be more happy and co-operative with few Greek words
• 24 hour pass is the best way to travel across Athens. This 4.5Euro ticket has unlimited rides on Metro, bus and Trams from the time of purchase till next 24 hours (e.g. from 9am to 9am)
• Pickpocketing has the level of art in the metros. Be very careful.
• No need to prebook any entry tickets if travelling in offseason (November to March)
• In off season many tickets are reduced price (half than original)
• Avoid night (after 10 pm) strolls-we did not feel it to be safe
• Prebook Blue Star Ferries from Athens to Santorini : https://bookonline.bluestarferries.com/uts_web/BookOnline.aspx?lang=EN