Insights on Opening Time and Entry Tickets to the Tajamhal
1. Tajmahal is opened all days except Fridays, so plan your visit accordingly
2. Visiting time is 6:00 Am to 6:30 Pm
Insights on Tickets
3. No entry fee for childeren below 15 years (both Indian and Foreigner)
4. Ticket windows for Taj Mahal open one hour before Sunrise & close 45 minutes before Sunset.
5. Tickets can also be bought online: www.asiagracircle.in & www.tajmahal.gov.in
6. If tickets are bought online then tourists get discount of Rs.5/- for per Indian ticket & Rs. 50/- for per Foreigner ticket.
7. Ticket Prices:
For Indian : Rs 50/-
For Foreigner / NRI : Rs 1100/-
For SAARC / BIMSTEC : Rs540/-
8. The ticket prices for Foreigner / NRI/ SAARC/ BIMSTEC includes includes water bottles and shoe covers
9. For visiting main mausoleum of the tajmahal one has to buy additional ticket of Rs.200/- along with regular ticket
Tips for Visitors:
1. If you have the budget and time to do so, stay at the Oberoi Amarvilas Agra Hotel.
2. The best Taj Mahal visiting time is EARLY.
3. The prices at shops outside the Tajmahal gate are marked up 100x the real amount. Please negotiate and if you can't then don't end up buying
4. If you’re looking for the perfect photo, it seems all the best come from across the river.
5. Most temples in India require you to take off your shoes for temples, the Taj ask that you cover you shoes with shoe covers. So, don't forget to put on shoe covers.
6. There is no dress code to visit Taj Mahal
7. The line to get inside the mausoleum is not as long as you think
8. The tuk - tuk from the parking will cost you 50 rs one side and one can even take the facility of Taanga which also costs the same.