Lovingly known as the Vegas of China, Macao offers everything that a perfect vacation is made of. Imposing megastructures, historical spots, endless natural beauty and places of cultural significance. As someone who thoroughly enjoys a balance of laid-back travel and adventure, Macao seems like the ideal holiday destination. Here are the #20ThingsIloveAboutMacao and would like to explore on my visit there.
1. Ruins of St. Paul's for culture.
2. The Black Hac Sa Beach and Cheoc Van Beach
3. Taipa Island for its views
4. Taipa Village for its colonial buildings.
5. Macau Science centre
6. Holy House of Mercy
7. A-Ma temple for its deity.
8. Monte Fort, the military centre
9. St. Dominic's Church
10. The Venetian Macao to experience Vegas and Venice
11. Senado Square for its bakeries.
12. Macao Tower and Convention Centre for bungee jumping
13. Macao Peninsula
14. Macao Fisherman's Wharf for its entertainment complex.
15. Coloane Island for its beauty
16. Wine museum to learn about the wine culture in Macao
17. Mandarin's House to learn about reformist Zheng Guayning.
18. Lotus Square for its vibe
19. Guia Lighthouse for its views.
20. Red market for shopping and an authentic experience
With these 20 varied things, a trip to Macao is something I really look forward to taking in the coming months.