Day 6: 02.01.2019
Malda - Morgram - Khargram - Burdwan - Saktigarh - Kolkata
After lovely morning breakfast, we started around 10:45 am from Malda, thinking off that crossing Farraka would take immense time, surprisingly it took only 15 min to cross Farraka bridge and reached Morgram BP Dhaba by 1:30 pm. After lunch break we strated around 2:30 pm and reached Saktigarh by 6 pm, a little tea break and reached Dankuni by 8pm.
Dankuni and Dakshineswar was mess by trucks and unorganized management. It took almost 2 hrs to reach airport, reached home safely by 10pm.
Some important notes:
1. BP Dhaba morgram serves good homely food.
2. #Farraka is now more organized, which I crossed just within 20 min, during day time. While going towards Siliguri, I crossed it around 3:30 pm and 12:30 pm while returning.
2. BP Ghoshpukur Dhaba is in operation.
3. Diesel in Sikkim is two rupees cheaper.
4. Widening of road is under process in Sikkim.
The following food stops noticed while covering the Kolkata - Siliguri route
1. #HindustanDhaba and #AzadHindDhaba, Gurap
2. BP petroleum Dhaba, #Morgram
3. Pardesi Dhaba, #Malda
4. BP petroleum Dhaba, #Ghoshpukur
5. Delhi Dhaba, Salugara, #Siliguri
Vehicle : Ford Ecosport Diesel
Total distance traveled : 1510 km
Fuel : 100 ltrs @ Rs. 64.55
Average Mileage: 15 Km/ltr
Co passengers: my wife and kidos (11 and 4 years)