After weeks of planning and curating detailed itineraries, I finally made a trip to Parvati Valley with a close friend this year. Everything was going according to our plan until my friend injured her leg and decided to stay in. We were supposed to move to our next location that day. I didn't want to leave her alone but I also didn't want to miss anything out. I was stuck in limbo. So I sauntered off to the nearby market to ease my restless mind. That's when I met this jovial Israeli woman in a nondescript bookshop. I never knew I would gel so well with someone decades older than me but we had an instant connection. She took me to a synagogue, a Jewish house of worship, where I met with other Israelis and witnessed a completely different culture. What followed next was a dinner party and the next thing I knew, I was dancing and drinking with a bunch of unknown Israelis. I had the time of my life that night and it wouldn't have been possible had I followed my plan. Instances like this remind me that the best things in life are unplanned.
This is one of my best travel adventures that I can recall.
If you too have a crazy travel story, you can stand a chance to win an all-expense paid trek around Bangalore or a paragliding trip to Bir Billing in Himachal Pradesh and a Fastrack backpack/rucksack.
How does it work?
3. The winner's name will be posted on Fastrack’s Facebook/Twitter/Instagram account.
1. You should be an individual legal resident of the Republic of India.
2. You should have a billing address within the territory of India.
3. You should be of an age 18 years or above at the time of entry into the contest.
4. The contest would last until the 12th October 2018 and any entry after that would be invalid.
To increase your odds of winning, make sure your story is concise, interesting, unique and complies with the above rules.
In association with Fastrack