Things to know before visiting:
1. Place is very clean and safe to get in to water. But there are no washrooms or change room facilities. Not even at forest check post.
2. Drinking water and snacks are available only at check post. Carry enough water for trek as humidity on trail can cause dehydration easily.
3. This place is strictly Plastic Free zone. Bags are checked by forest officials at entry point and deposit amount is taken for any plastic with you at 50rs per piece.
4. Parking space is a huge open area at the check post gate. Even though there is no manmade shelter, vehicles can be parked safe.
5. Always a good option to carry a basic first aid kit with you as there are no nearby medical facilities. Carry a small packet of salt and turmeric to get rid of leeches and bleeding.
6. Nearest place for your stay would be Agumbe which is 45mins away. Karkala, which is 1hour away can also be an option if you are travelling further towards Mangalore.
Nearby Places to visit:
1. Agumbe: This place needs no introduction to Kannadigas. The beauty of sunsets over Agumbe forest range is nothing but a poetry of God written over the skies. Agumbe is 25KM far and can be a good option after your visit to Kudlu Teertha.
2. Barkana Falls: Another gorgeous waterfalls in the same vicinity id Barkana falls. It is 25KMs far too and requires half a day trek. Forest authority permission needs to be taken at Agumbe.
3. Varanga Jain Temple: A beautiful architectural construction in middle of a lake which is primarily a Jain worshipping center. It is 26KMs far towards Karkala.
4. Kundadri Hills: Famous for mesmerising sunrise views over the clouds, Kundadri hills is 40KMs away towards Thirthahalli.
You can plan to visit Kundadri Hills for Sunrise, Kudlu Theertha during afternoon and Agumbe/Varanga for Sunset.