Bhrigu lake trek 3 Days 2 Night
Mostly the mountain lakes are situated down on the river beds or the glacier beds in the valleys but Bhrigu lake is sited on a high mountain ridge, the feature that makes it different from other lakes. It is located at an altitude of 14000ft, half of the Mount Everest, to the south of Rohtang Pass on the mountain that makes the right bank slope of the river Beas. The trek to the lake is a upward climb on gentle slopes. As you go high on the mountain slope the surrounding mountain ridges seem rising high with you. . The trek gives a panoramic view of Manali valley. All the famous peaks of Kullu-Manali Himalaya--- Indrasan, Deo Tibba, Hanuman Tibba, Makerbeh, Shikarbeh, Shitidhar, Friendship Peak, and Ladakhi put on show themselves around you. An excellent trek for photography.
The Lake is believed to be the meditation ground of Maharishi Bhrigu, the great sage in Hindu mythology who created the Bhrigu Samhita—the base of Hindu astrology
Itinerary of the Trek
Day 01:- Manali to Moridugh -7 KMS drive 4 Hrs trek
From your Hotel/Guest House at Manali, or from the Bus Station Manali a Jeep/ taxi takes you to village Kulang, the road head place from where the trek starts. It takes 4 hrs. to reach the Silver Oak Camp of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns. On your arrival at camp you are welcomed with a hot lunch. In the evening free time or you can take an acclimatization walk around the camp.
Day 02:- Moridugh ( silver oak camp ) to Bhrigu lake-4200 mtrs back to Moridugh-9 hrs
After an early breakfast and collecting pack lunch for the day, you leave for Bhrigu Lake. For first two hours you trek through dense silver oak forest. Reaching at an altitude of 10,000ft forest ends and meadows start. Even in the summer months of April, May and June these meadows are snow-covered. So it gives you a good experience of snow trekking. The trek gives a panoramic view of Manali valley. After reaching at Bhrigu spending some time there you descend down to the Silver Oak Camp of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns.
Day 03:- Morodugh to vashisht trek Drive to manali -4 Hrs
Silver Oak Camp to Vashishat- A downhill trek starts from the camp-site to take you to Vashishat village. Vashishat is one of the prominent tourist spots of Manali and is famous for its hot sulphur water springs. You can take a hot sulphur water bath in the public ponds here. You will be dropped at your Hotel/ Guest House at Manali or Bus Station Manali by a Jeep/Taxi.
Package Cost:-------4500/rs Per person +5 %GST extra
Fixed dep- every Friday from 15th Sep to End of Oct
(Friday to Sunday )
• All Meals (Vegetarian Food); except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day.
• Tented accommodation in alpine tents: Twin/Triple sharing tents, sleeping bags, foam trekking mattresses, dining tent and toilet tent.
• High Altitude Trekking Guide.
• Kitchen Staff with kitchen tent and all other necessary items of kitchen.
• Taxi from Hotel/Guest House/ Bus Station at Manali to road head place Kulang on arrival day.
• Taxi from road head place Vashishat to Hotel/Guest House/Bus Station at Manali town on departure day.
• Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
• Medical Evacuation.
• Insurance Cover
• any porters and Horses
• Any Expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
• If you are coming 1 days in advance or you want to stay longer after your trek we have accommodation Facility in our Cottage / Huts at base camp near Palchan .
• If you are group of min- 10 person you can chose your own dates also .