So, are you Camping for a couple of days?
That’s even better, if you are planning for 3–4 days. The location of the eco retreat fest is so perfect that it offers you more comfortable time to visit some mesmerizing places, monuments, villages, islands, temples & more! Especially when you wake up in the morning, indulge yourself in a good breakfast by the sea and drive to places mentioned below:
1. Konark — the sun Temple: The architecture stuns you every time you visit. It’s massive with its size and story.
2. Raghurajpur- Home to Pattachitra artisans and Gotipua Dance artists. It’s barely 20kms away from the fest venue. You can shop handicrafts, pattachitra and also be a part of the process of making those world-class pattachitra.
3. Lord Jagannath Temple- Puri — 30 kms away from the eco retreat fest. It neither requires an introduction nor an itinerary.
4. Siruli mahaveer Temple- Lord Hanuman’s temple with a interesting mythological significance. You get to travele through a beautiful village Biranarsinghpur. The temples Prasad “Chhuda ghasa’ is special.
5. Satapada — Dolphins brackish water paradise is 70 kms away, which will offer you a boat ride to an island called Rajhans.
6. Bhubaneswar: The capital city of Odisha is just 50 kms away. It’s the temple city. It’s India’s sports capital, with a huge historic significance. From Buddhist monuments to temples to cafes-malls- multiplexes, you get everything.
Every visit comes in the bracket of a maximum 60 kms and all are worth a visit.
Note: Sometimes it gets unfortunate if you fall ill. In such cases, you can drive to Bhubaneswar. From AIIMS to AMRI to APPOLO, you have them all at Bhubaneswar.
I would suggest you to move around in the morning. You need a bag a taste of the culture and food around as well. The website of Marine Drive Eco Retreat Fest also suggests itinerary.
Plan your local travel in a way to return back by 5 pm to your tents, so that you have the evening by the sea to yourself.