Best Time to Visit Japan
Peak season: The conditions in April, May and August are hot, but this is the ideal time as its the festival season which attracts a lot of tourists.
Shoulder season: June and July are the months when it rains in Japan, the tourist activity is less compared to the peak season.
Off-season: January to March is the time when it snows, skiing activities take place on mountain slopes. The rest of the places witness less amount of visitors during this period.
Budget for Japan
Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 1500 - 2000
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 500 - 800
- Public Transport in buses: INR 150 - 200
- Sightseeing: INR 200 - 300.
- For Mid-range Travellers: INR 2000 to INR 3500 a day
Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 2000 - 3500
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 800 - 2000
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 200 - 400
- For Luxury Travellers: INR 4000 and upwards
Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3500 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 700 and upwards
- Local transport in private taxis: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 1500 and upwards.
Visa Information for Japan
All Indian nationals require a visa to enter Japan. Nationals of 67 countries including Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, USA, UK and almost all European nations are eligible for visa on arrival. This visa is issued for a period of 90 days.