"If you have someone that you think is the one … don’t just think let’s plan this and make a party and get married. Take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world and go to places that are hard to go to and hard to get out of. And if you’re still in love with that person, get married" – Bill Murray
Travel has a way of bringing out the extremes in people, from the worst parts of their character to the absolute best. For this reason, traveling as a couple can be the ultimate test of a relationship, and can be even better in ways that you may not have thought of before.
1. Witness them in their least flattering moments.
Makeup is perfect, hair is clean, body is meticulously groomed, but the facade must crack eventually, and it begins slowly on a vacation, with the willing admission that you are not, in fact, a walking Barbie. No Sh*t! Pooping in front of your partner is the new 'I Love You'
2. Getting slapdash drunk without having to worry about how you’ll get home.
Now you don’t have to turn down all those free margarita's! yay!
3. Their travel gears will be yours!
You don't have to borrow your friend's GoPro or DSLR now! your partner may be able to fill in the gaps with the tech resources that they usually carry.
4. You'll see how they treat others.
The combination of exhausting jet-setting and culture shock can bring out some deeply hidden character flaws or personality traits.
5. You will always have someone to watch your stuff during the pressure of a full bladder.
Imagine you can leave your bags with your partner while you run to the toilet. This is definitely a perk that deserves a shout, wohoo!
6. You will get to see how they handle stress.
You need a partner who can stay calm and collected, not go totally berserk at the first sign of trouble.
7. Less chance of having to sit next to strange strangers.
Sometimes strange strangers can make the best stories, but only sometimes.
8. You will connect with each other on a whole new level.
Emotionally, Mentally, Physically, basically every - cally!
9. And, lastly, few things are just better experienced with someone you love.
What is the most important benefit in traveling as a couple group for you? share your thoughts here