Truly said by Albert Einstein- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd, but, the woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before."
Travel is little beds and cramped bathrooms, its old television and slow internet connection. It is all about the extraordinary connection and conversations with strangers. Its housekeepers becoming the most interesting people in the world. It's the beaches calling you to feel blissful, along with the churches compelling you to enter in and know the history. It's the McDonald's at a different place being a luxury. Travel is the realization that you might have born in a wrong place, it's all about tripping over the ice cream, smiling at the realization that you are in a different world where no one knows you but, still you all are same. Travel is the same white T-shirt tomorrow. It’s the street full of all bearded backpackers and few of them getting high on liquor, sharing the one and looking at the pretty girls with no guts to talk, because, staring itself makes there heart sing the song- " You are Beautiful"
Traveling makes you feel and force you to say it aloud, - Maybe I don't wanna go back and travel my life time. That's what traveling does to you. But, again, you will never going to go if you would wait someone to come with you. Traveling is more than seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. All you have to do is decide to go and hardest part is over. But, really, is it over for all of us? No, I guess.
Because, We as a woman need to think about many other factors besides deciding to go.
First and foremost, whether my parents would be ready or not, if yes, whether my hubby/bf would allow me to travel alone or not. And, in most of the cases answer is Nopes! You'll be burdened by the excuses not to travel solo but not even a single time, your ears would hear a YES, rare to rare scenarios you will find where you partner let you travel solo. Why that, don't you guys think even we can travel solo, don't you feel traveling solo will also change us in many positive ways, or it is only the safety you are scared of because you love us so much. I can totally understand, it’s really tough for you being the caring one to allow us travel solo, but, at least once take that risk and you never know you get the better of us in many ways.
Here are few of the reasons, why you should allow your Girl to Travel Solo At least Once.
- She will truly understand the word- “Freedom": When you travel alone, you essentially get to live without consequences. There is no one to follow you, even your past. All you are with is yourself at that moment. The point is, you don’t have to be Facebook friends with the people you encounter if you don’t want to; you don’t have to exchange contact information. You get the chance to start all over, even just for a little while, and be whomever or whatever you want, without anyone or anything linking you back to your “normal” life. You are no longer tied down. You no longer have to do the things forcefully because someone else wants you to do it, you can think peacefully if required, you can eat whatever you want and you can do whatever you want with no restrictions at all. And, that is the time when she understands it all that why that so called " Alone Space" is required which the guys crave for. I have seen, my partner craving for the same, and not only he instead, everyone over here wants it, it's just guys ask for little more. So, where the problem is? Let her go, let her go and understand why that freedom, alone space, is so much important in all your life, because, once she realize that and understand the same, your relationship would be safe, No fights, No misunderstanding on giving time to each other. She will surely understand that if you love her you'll will be with her but just at times, you need to be alone, it’s a necessity and believe me, traveling Solo will teach her this in the best way possible.
- She will be more interesting: When I say this, please do not take me wrong; I am not saying that, the one who wouldn't travel solo will not be interesting but, think about it, the one who can travel solo how crazy, funny and fascinating she would be. They are always the life of the party and not to forget, great story tellers, people would like her, love her, she being the smart would be the center of attraction always. People around you would respect her and there you go, the lucky one who is with her. Don't you think you would be the happiest one that moment, when your lady love is praised by all and more likely she makes you feel that she is all whatever you desired for! You would be never bored, because she being interesting will always make you feel alive and would be there to cheer you up whenever you'll be low.
- Solo Travel Makes you More Confident: If you’re lacking in self-confidence, it can have serious effects on your livelihood. Without confidence in yourself you are likely to question your decisions thus being indecisive, seek reconfirmation in others, and never follow your own decisions and life path. Solo travel will not only help you gain self confidence ‘back in the real world’, it will leave you to feel more confident than you ever thought capable. You will walk to the beat of your own drum because you have seen the world, conquered challenges on your own, and learned to rely on yourself and yourself only. Therefore, put some pressure on your brain again, and think peacefully, wouldn't you like if she is there with you standing strong and confident in every hurdles you face in life, wouldn't you feel happy if she there to make a decision which later on sort all in your lives, I am sure you would. But, again all that would be possible only if she'll be confident and out of her comfort zone, so I say it again, loud; let her face the trouble and see the world so, she can prove it right- that, she is your better half.
- She will be more responsible: How many of you have watched Spider man?? I am sure many of you would have, there in the movie comes the dialogue where Uncle Ben Says; "With great powers, comes the great responsibilities." When you give her, her freedom and let her travel alone, believe me she will be more responsible. She will be more responsible for all the things she'll do alone, because, you have faith in her. She'll try her best to do because she'll never want to let you down. And, as you travel solo being totally responsible for yourself, it's inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are and same way, she would discover for herself and later, making you believe yes, she can!
- She will learn the Budget: When you travel alone, you are the only person responsible and in control of your finances, time, and energy. You learn how to better manage and budget in many different areas of your life, from your daily budget to the use of your time. For me, this is an important life skill for any women to have, no matter what career they are in or age they are. And, I feel all guys out there would agree to this one, If Yes, please let her experience and learn to handle all by herself so, at the later stage when you are married you don't have to say; There's no way I am born to pay bills and die because, once she'll good at managing budget, she might be high maintenance but, believe me she would be capable to afford all the maintenance for herself and the family she is there for.
- She will learn to Adapt: It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one most adaptable to the changes. By now, you would have understood what I want to say. If not, get it really straight, everyone in our lives want to be with someone who is really good with adapting the different situations & Changes, because that makes your lives much easier. Travelling is filled with moments and opportunities that you can’t control. Flights are cancelled, delayed, or rerouted on a daily basis, along with pretty much every other method of transportation. Reservations don’t go through when rooms are booked, etc. When you get the opportunity to travel by yourself, you learn how to adapt, go with the flow, and make things work no matter what. Therefore, it’s another reason you should allow your girl to travel solo at least once.
- It will make her happy & you happy too: Yup, that's the dream she see! Want to travel whole her life, and, just wanna start alone. Though she know it so well, that if she'll travel with you she'll be happiest, but until you are not there with her, she cannot control, to move forward, to live the life. She knows, that you are scared and don't want her to be alone. But, at least once try risking it all and let her go her way, I am sure it would be worth it. Show that confidence in her that she can take care of herself, and she has all the rights which you have because, I can assure you that would get a smile on her face, And, if she is happy you'll be happy- because, someone correctly said-" If your women is happy and smiling, there is no possible way you are sad if you truly love her"
Just you & the “World" will have a beautiful chemistry, don't let anyone spoil it.