Did you know that it is illegal to flaunt a Buddha tattoo in Sri Lanka, that the Great wall of China isn’t really one wall, but many walls built at different times, or that the longest flight in the world is from Sydney to Dallas, which lasts around 16 hours.
Ideally, the initial years of your life have to be manoeuvred by textbooks and sometimes mind-numbing lectures with an aim to achieve something, maybe the highest score or a scholarship. But, If you have an appetite for knowledge and live with an absolute necessity for answers, then all you need to do is travel as much as possible. In an attempt to escape from one reality only to seek a more beautiful one, allow the world to teach you a thing or two before the time runs out.
1. You’ll learn to surpass the borders drawn on maps and discover that they don’t really exist.
2. You'll learn that friendships have no linguistic barriers.
3. Traveling will make you more open to engagement and hence, a striking conversationalist.
4. With a change of place, you’ll mature more gracefully.
5. You'll learn to do Math like a tactical genius.
6. You’ll master the art of micro-managing and understand the hacks of a simpler life.
7. No amount of tedious lectures could teach you how to click the perfect selfie.
8. You'll learn that history's significance is meant to be felt!
9. That Chemistry is much more interesting on the road.
Image Credits: Rory O'Bryen/Flickr
10. You’ll be your own emotional anchor.
11. As a pro, you’ll understand when NOT to travel.
12. You'll learn to rock cross-cultural relationships like a boss!
13. You’ll break free from the rat race.
14. You’ll learn rather simpler and most important things on the road. Patience. Confidence. Resilience.
15. This time you won’t just read stories, you’ll create them.
16. You'll learn to say 'yes' and trust your instincts.
17. In the magical continuum of time and space, you’ll learn to embrace optimism and be blessed with enlightenment.
Image Credits: SandeepaChetan/Flickr
Swim against the currents and delve into brilliance. Share your stories with the rest of us and watch people grow.