Maldives is a nation of islands in south-east Asia in the Indian Ocean. Coral reefs that offer bands of color, tiny jewel-like islands rimmed with the whitest of sand surrounded by the clearest shallow waters that one can imagine. The reefs are home to a thousand species of fishes. Enjoy the shades of blue and mesmerizing sunsets.
Important things to remember-
1. Maldives capital Male is well connected to India with numerous flights from major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Kochi with the lowest airfare around 6k (You cannot carry your own liquor)
2. Visa on arrival is absolutely free for Indians. Best season to visit- November to Feb. You may end up facing rainfall and much humidity in other months.
3. Confirmed hotel booking is must to get visa.
4. Almost every resort offers full board meal packages along with the stay (including soft & hard drinks)+floating breakfast +free airport transfers via jetty or sea plane + activities like scuba diving(book your diving slots ASAP you reach to the resort, there are many people on waitlist so you may end up loosing the opportunity), providing snorkeling gears, evening cruises etc. Choose according to your budget and requirements. If you are a honeymoon couple, you can choose to stay at resort that accepts bookings only for couple and not for families. They also offer you a complimentary fruit basket, bottle of wine, room decorations (should inform the resort prior about). Single resort on single island, isn't it cool?
5. RTPCR is must before you board the flight to and from Maldives (check govt. regulations beforehand) Wearing face masks is compulsory in public areas in capital and on islands. Get vaccinated before you travel.
6. Minimum 3 or 4 nights stay is must if you want to enjoy thoroughly
7. Water villa stays are must to get the most of it (Hotels offer 2Nights water villa+2nights beach villa stays). If you are less on your budget then one can choose only beach villa.
8. The capital city has few sight seeing options (most of the people choose to only stay on islands to get most of it), island hoping is not allowed during pandemic. Clothes must cover shoulders and knees in public areas in capital city.
9. Things to carry- Waterproof sunscreen lotion SPF 45+ to avoid skin tanning, underwater cameras if you have, only USD $ are accepted or international debit or credit cards
10. Get, set, go!