After a hectic hard work to get the promotion I deserved, I wanted to relax out and ward off my pressure built in my mind. So, I have decided to go out for a trip. So, it is been a while since I drove bikes and went on for a long ride. So, I have decided to move for a biking trip to Rameshwaram.
Rameshwaram is well connected with Rail and road routes. Head to Chennai and take a bus or train to Rameshwaram. It is a day's journey.
I went to Madurai from Chennai via flight and picked up my friend's bike and started my 160 kms journey.
Most important- Health Hazard:
Temperature is very high here scaling up to 45 degree Celsius. I had severe sun burn after heading to Chennai. So carry a sun cream and other medicines upon doctor's prescription.
Things to carry- Must:
1. Camera- Missed many beautiful moments. Every picture uploaded here is shot via my BlackBerry Passport Smartphone
2. Binoculars- You can see the Sri Lankan Naval Base and International Base Line between India and Sri Lanka from Rameshwaram
3. Swim suites- Beach! Beach! Beach! All over beaches! Don't forget!
4. Small value Indian coins- There are many items to purchase at Rameshwaram. They are pretty cheap ranging from 0.25 paise to 100 rupees. So, memorabilia is too important.
5. Pairs of alternate clothes- As stated earlier, due to hot sun, you will get sweats and hence the need.
6. Stay Hydrated throughout the journey- Have water where ever you find.
Day 1: Entering Rameshwaram
Rameshwaram will welcome all its visitors by hot sun! You have entered Rameshwaram once you feel the atmospheric temperature pumped up!