Valley Of Flowers Trek - Himalayas [9th to 14th August 2014] - Registration is ON
About the place:
Valley of Flowers National Park is an Indian National Park, located at a height in West Himalaya. It is renowned for its meadows of endemic alpine flowers and the variety of flora found there. It is located in Uttarakhand state. This richly diverse area is also home to rare and endangered animals, including the Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, brown bear and blue sheep. The gentle landscape of the Valley of Flowers National Park complements the rugged mountain wilderness of Nanda Devi National Park to the east. Together they encompass a unique transition zone between the mountain ranges of the Zanskar and Great Himalaya. The park stretches over an expanse of 87.50 km². Both parks are encompassed in the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve (223,674 ha) which is further surrounded by a buffer zone (5,148.57 km²). This Reserve is in the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserves since 2004. The Valley of Flowers is a high-altitude Himalayan valley that has been acknowledged by renowned mountaineers and botanists in literature for over a century.
TypeHigh Altitude Trekking GradientModerateWeatherCold during nightsMeeting pointLaxman Jhoola, Rishikesh between 7:00 & 7:30 AM on 9th August 2014End of the trip 13th August 2013 at Rishikesh at around 09:00PM
9th August 2014: Reporting at Rishikesh (Laxman Jhula area) at 07:00AM & proceed to Govind Ghat (10hrs. drive)We all will meet up at Laxaman Jhoola by 7:00 – 7:30 am in the morning. We will hire a cab to drive to Govind Ghat (We will share the cost of the vehicle among all the participants at actual). The drive will take around 10 hours form Rishikesh. Over night stay at hotel in Govind Ghat
10th August 2014: Govind Ghat - Ghangria [Duration: 3 - 4 hours]Early in the morning after breakfast from Govind Ghat it is a gradual ascent along a well maintained trail to Ghangria. Spend the rest of the day exploring the surroundings. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Ghangria.
11th August 2014: Ghangria - Valley of Flowers - Ghangria [Duration: 4 – 5 hours]This day’s trip take us into the Valley of Flowers. Explore the valley and return back to the hotel for the night stay at hotel in Ghangria.
12th August 2014: Ghangria - Hemkund Sahib - Ghangria [Duration: 4 - 5 hours]A steep hike to the lake of Hemkund Sahib (a holy place for the Sikhs) is scheduled for the day. Return back to the hotel for the night stay hotel in Ghangria.
13th August 2014: Ghangria - Govind Ghat [Duration: 3 - 4 hours] - Proceed to RishikeshTrek back to Govind Ghat. We start early in the morning from Ghangria and reach Govind Ghat by 11:00 am. We will hire a cab to drive to Rishikesh (We will share the cost of the vehicle among all the participants at actual). The drive will take around 10 hours form Govind Ghat & Reach Rishikesh at around 09:00 PM. Stay at hotel in Rishikesh (Hotel cost is not included)
14th August 2014: Rishikesh - Delhi - DepartureToday according to your Bus or train timing departure from Rishikesh on your ownParticipation fees: Rs.8500/- per person
Cost Includes:1. Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food will be served (Food cycle starts with Dinner on 9th August and ends with Breakfast on 13th August 2014) 2. Guides for the trek who will meet the group at Rishikesh and and be there with the group through out the trek3. Porters/Horses to carry loads on the route.4. Cook and camp helpers.5. Hotel Accommodations: 1 night in Govind Ghat & 3 nights in Ghangria6. All Permits.Cost Excludes:1. Any expenses of personal nature like phone call, bottled water etc.2. Food apart from mentioned above in "Cost Includes" column3. Transport between Delhi & Rishikesh And Rishikesh & Govind Ghat.4. Any air/train/bus ticket to reach Delhi or come back from Delhi.5. Insurance.6. Camera fees (if any)7. Hotel cost at Rishikesh8. Any thing not mentioned aboveThing to carry
- Backpack 50 Liters (this will go on the horse. If you want to carry it on your back your welcome)
- Small Day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers.)
- Hiking pants/ trousers and shirts
- Good walking/hiking shoes
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Suntan lotion and toiletries
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket/pullover
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks
- Prescribed medication (if any)
- Maximum efforts are made to ensure the safety of the participant. However, BMC & their management or employees will not be responsible for injuries of any nature, mental or physical, whether caused directly or indirectly due to any adventure sports or their allied activities.
- Every participant is required to fill a registration form and indemnity bond prior to the commencement of the trip.
- Refund and cancellation:
- If you cancel 20 days before the trip begins, BMC will retain 20% of the trip cost.
- If you cancel 15 days before the trip begins, BMC will retain 50 % of the trip cost.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the trip begins, or, are not present when the trip begins, there will be no refund.
- BMC will take every care to ensure that itineraries are followed to the letter but circumstances beyond control may necessitate changes. In case of changes in routes and properties, BMC will accept no liability but make arrangements for substitution of equal.
- BMC will accept no liability for any damage, losses and expenses suffered by any client as a result of sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots or any other cause outside our control.
- Any damage, other than that attributable to fair wear and tear, to the equipments by the participants will be billed to you. Our decision on all such matters will be final and binding.