Barkot - Janki Chatti - Yamunotri
Rise and get ready to be served with divinity
● Have breakfast at the hotel and start the day.
● Drive to Yamunotri Dham the second most holy river of India from where
the River Yamuna, takes birth.
● Reach Janki Chatti, the point from where the 5km trek starts, you
can opt for walk, pony or palki.
● Before starting the trek take a bath in Jamnabai Kund's which is
believed that the water cleanses all sins and protects from an untimely
and painful death.
● On reaching the temple, bow the heads down to praise the mother Yamuna.
The idol of Ganga Devi is housed in the revered temple.
● Visit Surya Kund, a hot spring near the temple. Boil some rice and potatoes
in the kund and accept it as a Prasad of the Devi.
● Trek down to Janki Chatti and later drive back to Barkot for an overnight
● Have dinner at the hotel to end the day.
● Take a good sleep