Think of it like a tomato rain all over you for one hour. Everyone is just dancing around you and swimming in the tomato puree. The amount of joy this festival gives you is incomparable.
I totally recommend you to plan your trip to Spain next year and not miss the La Tomatina festival and make your ZNMD moment come true.
Exactly after an hour, the siren is played again indicating the end of the fight and no body throws tomato after the second siren.
Some important tips before you go to the festival:
1) Wear comfortable shoes. It is a crowded area and everyone is at the peak of their excitement. You do not want your feet to be stamped!
2) Buy a good waterproof mobile cover and hang it around your neck so that after the fight you can click some good pictures.
3) Wear goggles that can protect your eyes during the fight. Not everyone squashes the tomatoes and the last thing you want is to hurt your eye.
Also, sometimes the tomatoes aren’t the ripen ones and could hurt you badly.
4) Preferably opt for a locker to keep your belongings safe until the fight is over.
5) Carry an extra pair of clothes to clean yourselves after the fight. There will be showers arranged everywhere. Also, there is a very nice river with a waterfall. After the fight just go jump in the river and you're clean and shiny to head back home.
6) Do not try to click pictures during the fight. It could just harm your mobile phone. Just enjoy the festival and after the second siren is played, click as many pictures as you want. The street looks completely red and makes a perfect Insta-worthy frame.