Strasbourg welcomes thousands of visitors all over the world each year in the month of December to experience and rejoice one of the oldest and stunning Christmas market of Europe. The tradition of organising Christmas market around the cathedral dates back to 1570.
It truly gets crowded in the evening time as compare to the day. The stalls are opened throughout the day and you can buy wines, hot chocolates, chocolates, eatables, the famous vin chaud and lot more. It truly lives up to the title of being called Capitale de Noël (Christmas capital).
* Before planning for a Christmas trip to Strasbourg, be mindful of the dates of commencement and end of Christmas market. We visited just after two days of Christmas and couple of markets were shut down . There are 6-7 areas around the city where the markets are held annually. The biggest one is near the cathedral.The details can be found in the tourism website or the exclusive Christmas om Strasbourg website, which pops up when you google Christmas market in Strasbourg. If you are in France during December, do not miss out experiencing true European Christmas vibe of Strasbourg - The Christmas Capital.
We had booked our return journey from Strasbourg to Metz at 8:45 pm on the same day, so we arrived at Parc de l'Étoile (same stop as morning) around 7:45 pm and waited for our bus to come. The bus arrived around 8:30 and we got into the bus and said bye to this wonderful city for making our year end trip so memorable.
* The Parc de l'Étoile bus station of Strasbourg does get busy in the evening as majority of buses going to Germany, Switzerland, Chez Republic and Italy (The destinations we just saw on that day) pass by this stop ,So just look for your bus number which gets displayed at the front of the bus so that you will not miss your bus.
* The Free public toilet at this station closes at 8:00 pm.
Break down of total cost for the trip:
* Bus tickets for two persons (two way) : 68 €
* Hot Chocolate at Starbucks : 9.10€
* Souvenir : 5.40€
* Lunch : We packed sandwiches from home(Metz, France) as it was a day trip so did not want to spend on lunch outside.
Frequent searches leading to this page:-
Europe tour packages for family from Delhi, Europe tour packages for family from India, Europe tour packages for family from Mumbai, Europe tour package from India, best things to do in Europe during winter, best things to do in Europe, unusual things to do in Europe, extreme things to do in Europe