The next morning we had a quick early morning walk along our campground and its premises. After our sumptuous breakfast we started for a jeep trail which took us 40 km inside Thar. On the way we saw desert villages and small shops that catered the needs of desert people. Our jeep dropped us back at the dunes. On our way back to Jaisalmer, we found some adventure spots where paragliding was going on. Unable to refrain ourselves from the same we also went for the sky. A 15 minutes session was thrilling enough to become a memory of lifetime and a story worth telling!
How to reach
One can hire a cab from Jaisalmer for upward and return journey to sand dunes.
Where to camp
Apart from Rajasthan Government camp, several other private camps are available on internet as per one’s budget requirements.
Tit bits of camping
• Try to go for camel safari in months of winter as desert will be less humid as compared to those of summer months (of course no monsoons!)
• Use sunglasses, scarfs, sunscreen and full body covered clothes to get protection from sun burn.
• Carry enough water and dry food in safari.
• Choice of shoes is up to oneself, as one may prefer loose sandals in the day but to my opinion covered shoes are better as it will protect you both from tan, loose sands and cold.
• Carry enough woollens as it is ice cold after evening.
Find me here =>