The view of milky white foam like water gushing past huge rocky outcrops rendered us speechless. Sathodi is among the few waterfalls in Karnataka whose plunge pool is accessible to the people. We crossed over steep rocks and logs to reach the plunge pool & were extremely cautious as one wrong step would have landed us in the flowing water of the stream which can either lead to injury or can prove fatal. Once we crossed these rocks we came face to face with the white water cascading down the steep slope which flowed on its way, nonchalantly, as if nothing had occurred. Its gushing sound was serene & permeated our minds.
The waterfall is formed by Dabbesal, which is the tributary of River Kali. One has to take a small diversion of about 2 km to see the point from where the falls originate. The view is breathtaking and does justice to the name ‘Niagara of Karnataka’.
1. Pack some snacks when going there as nothing is available, alternatively one can eat full stomach at Yellapur
2. Avoid going during Monsoon, as roads are very slippery and water logged. Visit during October as the roads are less water logged and the waterfall is in its full flow
3. Riding in a 4 wheeler would be safer than on a 2 wheeler
4. It is around 70 km from Sirsi, 17 km from Yellapur, 85 km from Hubli; 215 km from Shimoga and around 450 km from Bangalore
5. Combine Magud falls with Sathodi falls in a single trip as both are nearby.
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
offbeat destinations in karnataka, karnataka offbeat places to visit, offbeat karnataka holiday package, unexplored places in karnataka, Offbeat Karnataka Tour