So there started our string of uncountable awes and ahem-ahems, as we began to explore these temples with Mr. Brijendra. I will summurise for you the things you can't afford to miss-
1) The whole new(yet ancient) perspective about the the hindu deities as you see the temple wall carvings.
2) beautifully carved apsaras and surasundaris engaged in various playful activities, as if standing there since ages only for you to appreciate.
3) the smaller shrines of varaha and nandi statues.
4) a glance at inticrately carved roofs inside the temples.
5) the magical sunshine reaching the garbhagriha
6) Figure out these architecturally important stuffs- vyalas, kirtimukhas, kichakas, the arches at the entrances of main temples, the water drainage system of the temples.
7) various sexual inspirations from the carvings, the gymnastic orgies, threesomes etc.
8) war and sex were really important part of life of chandela soldiers,as can be seen on the boundaries of laxamana temple.
9) horses were ridden in different ways by chandela soldiers.
10) the mountain like appearance of kandariya mahadev temple.
11) the famous tantric pose of sexual practice at kandariya mahadev temple.
12) the sardula statue between kandariya mahadev and jagdambi temple.
13) interpretation of apsaras supposedly by some shepherds, amateurly carved out on the floor of one the corners of laxmana temple.
14) some interesting carvings which you can't find in the western group of temples can be seen on the village temples, so keep exploring.