Panchmarhi is known as the Queen of the Satpura ranges, and has the crown on its head of being one of the most fascinating hill stations of Central India. Panchmarhi is located in Madhya Pradesh state of India. The place is well connected by road and railways. To reach the hill station one can either reach Bhopal or Pipariya first and then you can travel to the place easily.
Panchmarhi is home to the diverse and varied fauna and its scenic beauty is tantalizing and mesmerizing. Moreover there are places nearby which make this place a complete package, and those who have a keen interest in visiting hill stations can never say no to this fabulous place.
The must see places in Panchmarhi are :
1. Dhoopgarh- It is the highest altitude of the Satpura ranges. It is famous for its sunrise and sunset. The most amazing part related to this place is that one can reach to the top either by the road or by trekking.
2. Bee- Falls- A great spot to spend some quality time with your near and dear ones. The waterfall is a great sight and is admirable. Try not to miss it.
3. Pandava Caves- The caves are believed to be as old as 10000 years old. The caves have a lot of wall paintings inside and must be visited to get a good insight about the history of this place.
4. Rajat Prapat- It is also famous by the name of Big Falls. The water comes down from a great height and a silver colored lining is formed, which eventually gives this fall its name.
5. Chauragarh- It is famous for its temple of Lord Shiva at the top. It also has a fort which was built by a king from the Gond Dynasty during the time of his rule.
These are some of the most important places which one should visit while they are in Panchmarhi, but what is important here that these are not the only places which should be explored, there are a lot of other sites too, which must be visited like the Handi kooh( the deep valley), Rajendra Giri ( a beautiful garden), Panchmarhi Hills ( which provide the viewer with the whole view of the Panchmarhi city) and a lot of other places too.
The most important thing which should be taken into consideration is about where to stay, If anyone decides to stay in Panchmarhi, the cost of the trip is certain to increase as the cottages are few here and are quite costly, the rooms can range from anywhere around INR 3,000- 6000 per day, and likely is the cost of the food, which is a bit highly priced. What can be a smart choice is to take up an accommodation in the cities nearby, like Bhopal, Hoshangabad or Pipariya and then travel to Panchmarhi to enjoy and spend your time, but then the travel costs will increase. Hence, it is on the discretion of the visitor what he chooses to do.
Moreover, one should not miss having a look at the wildlife of this place. You can easily book a gypsy and go on a kind of Safari ride to the jungle situated here. The jungle is a home to tigers, bear, deer and a wide variety of birds.
The best time to visit this place is between February to April or August to November. But, visiting this place in the entire season of summer can be a good choice.
So, if you are not the one who likes to visit the mainstream places or hill stations, and like a touch of something Hatke in your choices, visiting this place can be a good choice for you.
Enjoy if you visit this wonderful place.