4. A cover letter with details of your trip and explaining the purpose of the visit.
5. A Travel Itinerary - A detailed and day-wise description of your trip to Europe with places are you going to visit, the time frame, and mode of transportation.
6. Air tickets for your roundtrip - Book your air tickets early as prices would be low or create dummy air tickets if you are not ready to take risk of cancelation.
7. Proof of accommodation - Receipt of all hotel/hostel bookings for the entire time you will be in the Schengen area. It could be a receipt of booking on a booking.com or Airbnb with your name, hotels name, address, phone and email on it.
7-a. If you are staying at a relative's or friend's place then invitation from from them is required.
7-b. A copy of his/ her passport (first and last page if Indian Passport).
7-c. His/her residence permit/ agreement in Schengen country.
8. Bank account statement for last 6 months which has a minimum balance of 2.5-3 lacks rupees throughout. Note that, this is for France and the minimum amount required varies from country to country.
Take a printout of the bank statement and get a stamp and signature from the bank on every page of the transaction statement.
(This is a mandatory document so manage your transactions of the last 6 months accordingly)**
8-a. If you don't have enough funds then you can provide the bank statement of your parents or a relative or a friend.
8-b. A sponsorship letter is needed from that person with the mention of financial sponsorship for your trip to the Schengen Zone.
9. Balance certificate from the bank printed on the letterhead.
10. An employee identity card or an offer letter from the employer.
1. Leave sanction letter from the employer printed on the letterhead of the company.
12. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from employer printed on the letterhead of the company.
13. Salary slips of the last 3 months.
14. ITR Acknowledgement Form or Form 16 of last 3 years. (France requires the ITR Acknowledgement Form of just last year, but carry all 3 just in case)
15. Travel Health Insurance with a minimum of €30,000 for your whole stay and 10-15 days more than the last day of your trip. Tata AIG travel Insurance is recommended which can be brought here. (Make sure the name on the policy is exactly the same as it is on the Passport)
16. International Vaccination Certificate of Covid-19.
17. If self-employed-
17-a. A copy of your business license.
17-b. Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture (sales form) etc.)
17-c. Company’s bank statement for the last 6 months.
17-d. ITR Acknowledgement Form or Form 16 of the last 3 years.
18. If a student-
18-a. Proof of enrollment.
18-b. Copy of the ID card.
18-c. No Objection Letter from University.
19. If a minor-
19-a. If travelling unaccompanied by parents, consent letter signed by both parents & applicant Form signed by both parents.
19-b. Copy of the parents' passports data page.
20. If you have a new passport, attach a copy of your old passport’s data pages. (Note that, there should be some travel history before you apply for the Schengen Visa to make them believe that you can afford to travel abroad and your purpose of the travel is only tourism.)
21. If you are applying through a travel agency then a letter from them is required.