ITC Hotels endeavours to bring alive the diverse culture and ethos of India through an exclusive ‘Collection of Hotels’. Each hotel within the collection is committed to deliver enriching luxury experiences while being “rooted to the soil”. This essentially means that each ITC Hotel defines the destination it is located in and thus, celebrates it. The regional influence is evident through various factors such as the architecture of the hotel, its service design, aesthetics and more.
In line with this philosophy, New Delhi's ITC Maurya mirrors different aspects of the Indian capital and spectacularly so. The luxury hotel's name and architectural style draws inspiration from the Mauryan dynasty – possibly one of the world's largest, most powerful kingdoms to have ever existed. Every corner and bend of the five-star hotel epitomises refined courtliness and the grandiose way of life of the erstwhile empire. Frequented by global leaders and dignitaries, ITC Maurya is decked with state-of-the-art facilities and meticulous service.
Epitomising the ‘Hotels that Define the Destination’ ethos further, ITC Maurya bring you the #SoulOfDelhi Photo Contest which celebrates the essence of the city.
To participate, all you need to do is upload your best pictures that capture the essence of the city on the #SoulOfDelhi Contest Page. Participants have the option of sending in entries for any of the 10 pre-defined categories. The grand winner stands a chance to win a luxury staycation at ITC Maurya with individual giveaways to be won for each category as well. Moreover, the best entries get to be featured in an exclusive photo exhibition, hosted by ITC Hotels.
Then, click here to participate now!
How to participate
1. Click on this link.
2. Upload your best picture(s) of Delhi.
3. Write an interesting caption for the picture.
4. Select the category you want your entry to be considered under – Architecture, Cuisine, Culture, People, Delhi By Night, Celebrations, Markets, Seasons, Daily Commute, Purani Dilli, Greenest Capital
5. Fill in your contact details and press "Enter".
Important things to know
1. The picture has to be original and taken only in Delhi.
2. The contest ends on 20th December, 2017. ITC Hotels reserves the right to modify the participation period without any prior notice.
3. You can enter as many entries as you want.
4. The acceptable file f0rmat is JPG – 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi.
5. Tentative date of announcement of winners will be by the end of January and will be done by ITC Hotels on their Social Media platform - Fb.com/itchotels.
Mandatory terms and conditions
1. This photo contest and exhibition is organised and conducted by ITC Hotels.
2. Open to all residing in India.
3. Employees and immediate families of neither ITC Limited nor the concerned agencies engaged for the purpose of this photo contest are not eligible to enter the photo contest or claim any reward arising out of the participation.
4. ITC Limited reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the photo contest and exhibition.
5. There is NO Entry Fee for participating in the photo contest and the exhibition.
6. A participant can submit any number of photographs across all categories. Winning photographs from any other competition will be accepted. All participants shall ensure that all submitted photographs are photographed in Delhi.
7. Only original work will be considered. The participant must be the sole owner of the copyright of the photograph/ entry submitted. The submission of the photograph and the disclaimer is the participant's guarantee that the participant is the author and the copyright holder of the photograph.
8. The file format of the photograph shall be JPG – 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi without Watermarks and Borders
9. Digital art/alteration of elements and unnatural processing (including HDR & Selective Colouring) to be avoided. Adjustment of brightness, contrast, colour saturation, sharpening, marginal cropping and limited post-processing is acceptable. Monochrome is welcome.
10. Participants shall upload photographs through the Photo Contest App at ITC Hotels Facebook Page.
11. The entrant/participant shall not share/upload photographs/content that contain objectionable content, including but not limited to nudity, violence, and other offensive, illegal or inappropriate images or content. ITC Limited reserves the right to reject and remove any uploaded photo or content from display, for any reason, at any time, without prior notice.
12. The submission period for the photographs is from 6th to 20th December 2017.
13. The winners will be announced tentatively by the end of January 2018.
14. Winners will be required to submit 300 dpi Photographs (RAW) along with a declaration in the format as provided by ITC Limited.
15. The winners will be chosen by ITC Limited at its sole discretion, on the basis of the originality and creativity of individual entry. The decision of the judges will be final and binding on the participants. ITC Limited, and supporting s partners will not entertain any request/queries/complaints regarding the selection of winners or any other matter further thereto.
16. The winners in each category shall be given a gift voucher from ITC Maurya.
17. The gift voucher is not redeemable, transferable or exchangeable for cash or credit. The gift voucher is subject to the terms and conditions specified on the said gift voucher and the winners shall be bound by such terms and conditions in addition to the terms and conditions stated herein.
18. By participating in this photo contest, a participant will be deemed to have: (a) unconditionally and irrevocably accepted these terms and conditions; (b) warranted that all information submitted by the participant in its entry is and shall be true, accurate and complete in every respect and (c) expressly consented to the use of its personal information for the purpose of the Privacy Act, Spam Act and other related privacy legislation and applicable laws.
19. All personal details provided to participate in this photo contest will be held by ITC Limited and entries (whether or not it wins the photo contest) may be used by ITC Limited or by any third party authorised by it for future promotional and marketing purposes (for example, placing it on the ITC Limited website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media) but ITC Limited shall not be obligated to identify the participant in relation to the entry provided by such participant during the course of any future use of the same by ITC Limited. The ownership of copyright in the entries will be retained by the participant/entrant but ITC Limited (and any third party authorised by ITC Limited) shall have the irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-license the entries worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the photo contest and exhibition.
20. All winners hereby unconditionally allow the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and consent to co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-competition publicity.
21. ITC Limited accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any participant/entrant in entering the photo contest, including as a result of any participant/entrant winning or not winning or any deficiency in the prize or enjoyment thereof.
22. ITC Limited accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer error in transit or for any other reason. ITC Limited shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the photo contest.
23. ITC Limited is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any participant/ entrant by any third party connected with this photo contest.
24. ITC Limited reserves the right to discontinue this photo contest at any stage.
25. The decision of ITC Limited on all matters relating to or in connection with this photo contest (including without limitation selection of the winners) will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
26. Winners who cannot be reached within 7 days at the email address, address or telephone number provided on their entry will, unfortunately, be disqualified and the winner will be re-elected.
27. ITC Limited may, at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice, vary, modify, delete or add to these terms and conditions and may also withdraw or discontinue this photo contest at any time without notice or liability to any party. It is the responsibility of participants/ entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the terms and conditions.
28. In the event of a dispute/ conflict regarding the terms and conditions of this photo contest, the decision of the ITC Limited management shall be final & unchallengeable.
29. ITC Limited reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed gift vouchers in any manner it deems fit.
30. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the photo contest, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
31. Any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions and this photo contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Gurugram.
32. Any queries regarding this photo contest should be addressed to ITC Hotels.
What on earth are you waiting for then? Gather your best Delhi pictures and start uploading!