This is how mesmerisingly beautiful it gets, you would want to do nothing else other than sit in that boat and go around the mangroves till the end of the day !
Insights for Visitors:
1. November to February is the best time to visit the forest.
2. its just 2 hours drive from Puducherry and 30 mins drive from Chidambaram. So, please add this to your list
3. Boat Timing : 8 AM to 5 PM
4. Avoid visiting the place on public holidays or weekends as there me large crowd
5. Charges : 2 seater rowboat - 220/- for 2 kms/2 hours
4 Seater motor boat - 400/- 5kms/2 hours (but motor boats will not go dense inside the forest)
8 seater motorboat - 800/-/2 hours
6. Please carry your own food as options are limited.
7. Nearest station is Chidambaram and from there need to take buses/taxis to Pichavaram which is just 15 kms. Bus fare is just 7/- and Taxi from Chidambaram to Pichavaram and back would cost around 700/-
8. People speak broken English so language could be a problem.