Best Time to Visit Diu
Peak Season to visit Diu is from October to February, when the temperature stays below 20 degrees Celsius.
Shoulder Season: August to September is monsoon season, when Diu sees heavy rainfall and the island might become a bit swampy. The downside of this is that you might have to stay in most of the day when rain lashes the island.
Off-season: March to July is summer season in Diu, and technically off-season. The minimum temperature though, remains between 27 to 30 degrees Celsius. Weather in Diu is pleasant throughout the year, so you can plan a trip here whenever you like.
Budget for Diu
For Budget Travellers: INR 475-545 a day
- Accommodation in guesthouses and Airbnbs: INR 300-600
- Food: INR 150-300
- Public transport via bus: INR 15-25
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1500-1650 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels: INR 1000-2000
- Food: INR 475-630
- Local transport via auto rickshaw: INR 100-250
For Luxury Travellers: INR 5,500 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 4,500 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 900 and upwards
- Scooter/bike rent: INR 350-400