Best Time to Visit Jaipur
Peak Season is from November to February. The weather in Jaipur is pleasant and sunny during these months. The evenings are chilly, with temperatures dropping to as low as 5°C during the night. Start booking early, as the hotels tend to get sold out during the winters.
Shoulder Season: August to October brings with it torrential rains to Jaipur. The hotel tariffs also start to drop during this season. Teej is also celebrated in August, which makes it the perfect time to visit Jaipur, for budget traveler.
Off-season: Summers come to Jaipur in March to July, and heat is scorching during this time of the year. Gangaur festival is also celebrated in the month of April, making it the perfect time to visit for photographers and curious backpackers to get a glimpse into the vibrant Rajasthani culture.
Budget for Jaipur
For Budget Travellers: INR 600 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and basic rooms in guesthouses: INR 300-700
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 50-200
- Public Transport in metro and buses: INR 5 - 100
- Sightseeing (Entry-tickets & shows): INR 20 - 200
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 2500 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels, resorts and homestays: INR 750 - 1500
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 350 - 500
- Local transport in auto-rickshaws and local taxis: INR 150 - 450
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 10 - 1000
For Luxury Travellers: INR 7500 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 5000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 500 and upwards
- Guided Tours: INR 1000 and upwards