Travel Articles And Blogs For Kovalam
Best Time to Visit Kovalam
Peak Season to visit Kovalam is from November to February, when the town ushers in winter. The weather is pleasant with the temperatures going as low as 16 degrees Celsius during these months.
Shoulder Season: Monsoons occur during June and August and Kovalam looks especially beautiful during these months. Be sure to carry an umbrella along if you are visiting during these months.
Off-season: March to May are the months when the tourists start thinning out. Henceforth, the accommodation costs reduce and though the weather is hot and humid, it’s the ideal time to explore the town away from the chaotic crowds.
Budget for Kovalam
For Budget Travellers: INR 600 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 500 - 800
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 15 - 100
- Public Transport in buses: INR 20 - 50
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1200 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 900 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 200 - 500
- Local transport in bike rentals and taxis: INR 200 - 400
For Luxury Travellers: INR 4000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 700 and upwards
- Local transport in taxi rentals: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 2000 and upwards