Travel Articles And Blogs For Shimla
Best Time to Visit Shimla
- Peak Season: March to June is a popular tourist season in Shimla as the weather is quite pleasant and perfect for outdoor activities. The temperature is comfortable and usually varies between 15°C and 30°C. If you are into adventure sports then this is the ideal time to try paragliding, trekking, camping and rafting.
- Shoulder Season: You can also visit Shimla during winter months. The hill station witnesses heavy snowfall and tourists throng Shimla in December during Christmas and New Year. Winters are also an ideal time to visit Shimla if you love adventure sports like skiing and ice-skating.
- Off-season: It is advisable not to visit Shimla during monsoons as the place has a history of having landslides every now and then. The roads can get very slippery and it is not a good idea to roam around at this time.
Budget for Shimla
Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 500 - 800
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 50 - 150
- Public Transport in buses and auto rickshaws: INR 15 - 80
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50.
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1200 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 800 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 250 - 500
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 200 - 400
- Treks and Hiking packages: INR 1000 and upwards.
For Luxury Travellers: INR 4000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3500 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 700 and upwards
- Local transport in private taxis: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 1500 and upwards.