As defined by Wikipedia, a visa (from the Latin charta visa, meaning “paper which has been seen”) is a conditional authorization granted by a country (typically to a foreigner) to enter and temporarily remain within, or to leave that country.
It happens to be that your visa is the most important document while traveling, only second to your passport. While the time, fees and requirements of various countries differ, the over all sketch remains the same. Here’s how to avoid getting your visa application rejected!
5. Acquire complete information about your visa
Look up the internet, call the help centers, ask an experienced traveler and get detailed information about the required visa.
- Where to apply?
- What is the procedure?
- What is the requirement?
- What is the turnaround time?
- What are the fees?
4. Identify your visa requirements
Tourism visa/ Agent visa/ Single entry/Multiple entry, there are many variations and sub variations in visas. There are some countries where you can travel without a visa or get a visa on arrival on your Indian passport. There are some countries that avail e-visa option on fulfilling certain conditions.The primary requirement is to understand your visa requirement and the documents required for the same.
3. Get your documents in place
Having all your documents in place will only easen your procedure to get a visa.
- Make sure you get xerox copies
- Attest them with your signature
- Keep the originals handy
- Keep the exact visa fees ready
2. While the documents requirements may vary, most applications require:
- A complete application form
- Cover letter
- Passport with more than 6 months validity
- Visa Type
- Trip itinerary
- Bank statement with minimum required balance
- Employment details/ funding details
- Return Air tickets
- Accommodation details
- Ensure you have a smooth itinerary on paper
- You can use Booking.com to get temporary bookings without paying/additional costs for your visa
- Account balance should be over INR 1lac
- Letter from your employer
1. Apply Well In Advance
I simply cannot stress on this point enough! While your visa could last from 3-6months (depending on your application), obtaining it could take longer than you had planned. Some visas take about 25 days and some just 5 to get processed. So apply for your visa as soon as you can!
Picture Credits: JamaicaTakeout
This trip was first published on Awara Diaries