Summer months are our favorite time of the year since its vacation time. If you still haven’t planned a vacation with your loved ones, it is time to do it right away. Are you tight on budget and have a handful of days left to spend some quality time with your family? If yes, then worry no more as we have a perfect getaway for you, which will be within your budget as well as within your counted days.
If you are a Mumbaikar then you know I am hinting at Mahabaleshwar, which is no less than a baap of all the hill stations for us. This place is personally close to my heart as my family took spontaneous decisions to visit this hill station every year, during the summer break. Bounded by lush green forests and hills from all sides, Mahabalehwar makes a perfect holiday destination, which is far, yet closer to home. Situated in the Satara district of Maharashtra, the hills are all the time thronged by tourists, since the climate always remains pleasant. Read on further to get a detailed description of this beauty.
How to reach Mahabaleshwar
By road: There are several buses plying between Mumbai and Mahabaleshwar, which is located at a distance o about 247kms. State transport as well as private buses can be found from Mumbai and Pune as well. If you are going from Mumbai, you can catch the bus from Dadar East, Sion or Vashi and the ride will take you roughly six hours.
By train: While Wathar (60 km) is the nearest railway station from Mahabaleshwar, the most accessible and convenient one would be at Pune. You can then hail a bus or a taxi from Pune to reach your destination, atop the hill.
Self drive: A road trip from Mumbai will take you approx six hours and you can either go via Panvel, Mahad or Poladpur
Best time to visit
The climate at Mahabaleshwar is pleasant all round the year, thus, favouring you even during the summers. You can seek an advantage of trying out various outdoor activities during any season, except for the monsoon.
Things to do at Mahabaleshwar
1. Stroll in the market: If you are just there to relax, the best you can do is take an evening stroll through the market and try your hands on all kinds of delicious chikkis and fudge and perhaps buy some for your loved ones back home. Do not forget to invest in beautiful Kolhapuri chappals that are durable and affordable for your pockets.
2. Munching on berries: Mahabaleshwar is home to all kinds of berries, which you can munch on all day long, and that too, fresh! From strawberries to gooseberries to mulberries and raspberries, binge on them like never before.
3. Mapro garden: On the Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani road, you will find the Mapro Garden, which is a must visit to spend some recreational time. It also has a restaurant, which serves mouth watering sandwiches, milkshakes, ice creams and fruit salads.
4. Adventure park: To hone the adventurous side in you, visit the Velocity Entertainmentz park, located on the road to Panchgani. It has all kinds of indoor and outdoor games for children as well as adults, like air hockey, dashing cars, basketball, zorbing and Italian drop tower and much more.
5. Veena Lake: Go boating with your loved ones at the Veena Lake and binge on eateries such as corn, baby carrots and strawberries. There are a number of restaurants near the lake side as well as recreational facilities to have a merry time.
The chilly climate at this hill station will keep you cozy while the amazing and fresh fruits will keep you energetic to enjoy your days atop the hill. Think no more and make your bookings in advance, pack your bags and head out to this marvelous hill station with your loved ones.