According to sources, Maharashtra reported over 67,000 new cases on Wednesday and 568 deaths.
Maharashtra has already tightened travel restrictions. Following are the new restrictions set by the Maharashtra Government:
"1) Metro, mono and local train travel will be restricted to government employees, medical personnel, and persons who are specially-abled or in need of medical treatment.
2) Attendance at all government offices, except those involved in Covid-19 management, has been reduced from 50% to 15%.
3) Establishments allowed to function under the essential services category, like pet shops, data centers, cargo offices and petrol pumps, should work at 50% capacity.
4) Exempted establishments like banks, insurance offices and advocates’ offices shall function at 15% of their workforce or five persons, whichever is more.
5) Domestic help may continue to work as they do now.
6) Public and private buses will continue to ply, but with 50% capacity. Stringent rules have been imposed on inter-city and even inter-district travel."