The Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is a moderate venture of an easy going nature that takes of from a sleepy little village called Phedi, a short drive of about 45 minutes from the famous trek junction of Pokhara, the world renowned ‘City of Lakes’. The starlight of this trek takes you to the foot [Base Camp, 4130m] of Mt. Annapurna, one of the most brilliant peaks in the world. This odyssey is an emblem of supernatural diversity & thrills that only a trek of this kind can introduce. The trail takes you through intriguing traditional villages of Nepal’s ethnic communities of the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali who will greet you very warmly if you cared to stop for a conversation & some of them will even be kind & friendly enough to invite you over for some thinned milk called ‘moyai’ in Nepali. The hike continues through dense rhododendron forest with mighty silver grey peaks in the background that almost touch the clouds.
As we revert back on the return trails, it gets lovelier as the hike snakes though different hillocks towards Ghorepani. On reaching this point you begin to hold your breath for an early morning sunrise that displays psychedelic colorful halos which seeps through the glistening soaring peaks of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri Mountains…and you soon may count your blessings by whispering the words, ‘what a wonderful world’ we live in & thank God for this beautiful spectacle that you stand witness to. The sceneries seen throughout this trek grace the landscape of the Himalayas where your imaginations will soon define the beauty of nature as an occurrence that will be remembered for ages.
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is even more astounding in spring as the whole forest along the trail is lit up with red, pink and with rhododendron flowers that even King Solomon in all his splendor could not match. We suggest that you undertake this venture anytime of the year except during the monsoons [July thru August]…and doing this trek in early spring or autumn is a virtual bonus to what you pay for a trip of this kind. The Annapurna Region is truly the soul of the Nepal Himalayas where its landscapes stand out in a league of its own…our adventure culminates in the extraordinary Lake City of Pokhara for what has been a worthy journey through diverse regions & vistas of one of the most spectacular zones in the Himalaya.
Itinerary in Details
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu.
You are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel. Our airport representative will explain briefly the program upon arrival. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Trek Preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour.
Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath Temple , Boudhanath Stupa & Pashupatinath Temple. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: The Scenic Drive from Kathmandu to Nayapul 7 Hrs.
After having early morning breakfast at your hotel in Kathmandu, we drive to Nayapul (The trekking starting point) via Pokhara. After reaching Nayapul, our trek starts! 15- Minutes short walk along the bank of the Modi Khola to Birethanti (1065m). Overnight at Guest House
Day 04: Birethanti - Ulleri (2070m) 5 Hrs.
The trail climbs gently up the side of the valley to Hille at 1495m & after the short climb, we reach Tikhedhunga at 1525m by lunch time then we will steep climb to Ulleri it is a large Magar village, this day you will enjoy the greenery and landscape of the valley. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 05: Ulleri - Ghorepani (2775m) 5 Hrs.
The trail continues to ascend more gently, through fine forests of oak & rhododendron towards Banthanti at 2250m. Then we make our trek towards Nangethanti at 2460m. After an hour walk brings you to Ghorepani. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Hiking -Poonhill & trek to Tadapani ( 2500m) 6 Hrs.
This morning, we will get up early in the morning, and go for hiking to Poon Hill. From here you will see superb view of sunrise, and panoramic view of Himalayas, including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fishtail, and so on. After visiting Poonhill, we will come back to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast, and continue walking to Tadapani. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 07: Tadapani - Chomorung (2020m) 5 Hrs.
The day starts with steep downhill. Leaving Tadapani, we descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as we reach Gurung which is the village of Gurung people. We then take easy walk to Chomorung. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08: Chomorung - Dovan (2600m) 5 Hrs.
Today the trail drops down to the Chomorung Khola & again we continue climbing to Khuldighar at 2380m where there is an ACAP Check post, and continuous walking to Dovan. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 09: Dovan - Deurali (3200m) 4 Hrs.
The day begins with the climb through bamboo, then rhododendron forests to Dovan, Himalayan Hotel and on to Hinko at 3020m. The accommodation will be in Deurali, on the ridge above Hinko & is the stretch of trail that is most subject to avalanche. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 10: Deurali - Annapurna Base Camp Trek (4210m) 5 Hrs.
Today the trail climbs on past the Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700m) (which isn’t really a base camp since climbing the mountain is not permitted) to the Annapurna Base Camp. Since it is totally surrounded by mountains, this area is known as the Annapurna Sanctuary. You can either end the day at Machhapuchhre Base Camp or trek two hours on to Annapurna Base Camp. There, you will view the mountain scenery which is even more spectacular. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 11: Explore the hidden Valley in the morning and trek back Bamboo. O/N at Guest House.
Day 12: Trek to Jhinu Danda (hot spring). Enjoy the evening at hot spring. O/N at Guest House.
Day 13: Trek to Pothana via Landruk. O/N at Guest House.
Day 14: Trek to Phedi and drive to Pokhara. O/N at Hotel.
Day 15: Drive back to Kathmandu. O/N at hotel.
Day 16: Transfer to Airport for your onward Journey. Farewell!
OUR SERIVCE INCLUDES DURING THE TRIP
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / Van.
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3* category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance.
- All Surface Transfer from/ to Kathmandu Bus/Van/Car.
- Down Jacket and Sleeping bag during Annapurna base camp trekking
- Annapurna conservation permit and all necessary permits.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- 1 night accommodation in Pokhara (inclusive of Government taxes, breakfast, lunch & dinner).
- Government taxes & Office Service charge.
OUR SERIVCE EXCLUDES DURING THE TRIP
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa , you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.).
- All kind of cold drink like alcoholic and mineral water, Coke, Fanta, Juice etc...
- Hot and cold shower during the mountain.
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tips is Expected)