Nowadays people ask me how travel has changed me. If I look back at who I was before I started traveling and compare to who I am now, I would have to say that travel has made me a better and more versatile person. I’m way cooler now than I was at before 1 year when I first left to explore the world.
Simply say, I’m a lot more amazing now than I used to be.
In fact, I think travel makes everybody a more amazing person. We end our travel in a better way as compared to when we started traveling. I think travel is something that makes you not only a better human being and more versatile also.
How and why does travel makes you Amazing?
1. More Approachable – On the road you learn how to make friends out of strangers and feel more comfortable with them. When I first started traveling, I was kind of an introvert and uncomfortable talking to those I didn’t know. Now, I’ll happily talk to strangers like we’ve been best friends for years.
2. Better at communication – Travel not only makes you comfortable talking to strangers, it makes you better in every scenario. After communicating with people all the time, you will become better day by day. Gradually, you are gaining knowledge how to start answering interesting questions with smart reply. You are able to judge the person in small conversations.
3. Makes you Unbeatable – If you are travelling then you must hike to mountains, navigated unknown cities, try different food, date a boy or a girl on the road, deal with your fear of heights and some water sports action. In short, these all things makes you unbeatable. You know more about your abilities.
4. More flexible – You’ve dealt with missed flights, missed trains, slow buses, wrong turns, delays, bad street food, and much more. So after sometime, you learn how to become flexible according to situations. You don’t get mad, you don’t get angry, you just alter what you are doing and move on. Why? Because you’re amazing.
5. More brave – For me travelling means break out my comfort zone. When you become confident, you can do anything. I tried so many different things on the road which makes me more brave. Solo traveling itself made me more brave.
6. Sexier – Traveling reduces your stress. Those carefree, relaxing days on the road are going to make you more confident, radiant, and age slower. You’ll look young and sexy.
7. Real experiences – Travel will give you real experiences out of reading. Travel will teach you more about culture, people, history, food and festivals. These is something some people could only dream about it. You learn more about how people behave and how they work. That’s something that can’t be learned from books; you can only feel on the road.
8. Less needy – On the road, you learn just how little stuff you actually need. You will realize all big luggages is useless, only one backpack is needed for happy travel. After coming home, you will realise what you need to live and what you don’t.
9. Cheerful – Travel simply teaches you how to be more cheerful. You’ll become more relaxed, more confident, and see the world as a brighter place. How can you not be cheerful about life after all of that?
10. Great on gratitude – Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. In other words, gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. The term thankfulness may consist merely of words. Travel makes you great on gratitude because on the road you learned to appreciate small things.
Travel makes people better in every aspect of life. You learn more about the world and people from different religions, push your boundaries, and try new things, you become a more open, outgoing, and amazing person. All the people I’ve known who have traveled are better people. With all the ways a trip can make you more of an amazing person, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be planning your next trip now – whether it’s around the world or just a short weekend vacation.
This post was originally published on 'Crazy Wanderer'.