- Travel Essentials
○ Download the mobile app for the London Tube Map (made available by Transport for London). Available on Google Play, it is the best tool you have to travelling around in London, because it shows real time updates of line closures, diversions and timings
○ Stay in Zone 2 or Zone 3 if you are on a budget, Zone 1 hotels can burn a hole in your pocket. Always prefer a hotel with good transport connections and then you will be a maximum of 30 minutes away from central London
○ If you are keen on doing the touristy things like the London Eye, Tower of London etc., then the London Pass can work out to be a great option. Queues, however, are massive, especially in summer and the Christmas period and it is best to plan your visit well in advance
○ There is an unwritten rule on the escalators in the tube stations. Keep to your right if you don’t intend to run down the escalator. The left is used by Londoners usually running to catch their connecting tube
○ London can be visited almost anytime around the year. The peak seasons however are the summer months from June to August and the Christmas holidays.