The trek to the Anthargange peak is one of the most sought after treks around Bangalore. The peak rises high above the township of Kolar and is a part of the Shathashrunga range. Located at around 65 km from Bangalore, this peak is at an altitude of 1,712 m above sea level. Anthargange hill is completely surrounded by boulders and it is the combination of trekking and cave exploration that drives the excitement factor high.
Anthargange peak is perfect for night trekking and cave exploration in torch light. With a walk of around 3 kms, this is a moderate trek, as the climb takes you through broken rocks and tricky paths in the boulders to finally reach the cave site awaiting exploration. The experience of making your way through the caves, having to crawl at times because of the volcanic rock formations, is one worth having for any trek lover.
This night trek to the caves of Anthargange is sure to take you back to the primeval times. And you finally get to be in the skin of a "Cave Man". The effort pays off as the feeling of contentment starts settling in at the finishing point of the trek. Unwind by the bonfire and feel the mysterious night envelope you. If luck favours, you might catch a glimpse of the wild animals that roam the land. As the darkness fades, make your way back to the base through the cave.
This adventure activity at Anthargange is one of the nearest escapes into the caves for any Bangalorean.
Why you’ll love this
- An exciting combination of a night trek and cave exploration at Anthargange near Bangalore
- Explore the primeval caves, feel like a caveman as you climb, crawl and squeeze through the volcanic rocks
- Spend some fun time with friends around a campfire as you wait for the dawn to break through
09:00 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
12:30 AM Reach Anthargange base
12:45 AM Start the small trek followed by cave exploration
03:00 AM Finish experience, relax and enjoy campfire
05:50 AM Wake up & watch sunrise
07:00 AM Head back towards Anthargange base
07:15 AM Head to the nearby restaurant
07:45 AM Freshen up & have breakfast
09:30 AM Head back to Bangalore
11:00 AM Reach Bangalore
Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
Breakfast (buffet system) - unlimited food per plate with tea/coffee.
1. RR Nagar (09:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
2. Banashankari (09:30 PM) - Bus Stop
3. BTM (10:00 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
4. Silk Board (10:10 PM) - Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant
5. Marathahalli (10:30 PM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
6. Tin Factory (11:15 PM) - Bus Stop
Drop points are same as chosen pickup points
Things To Carry:
Torch per person.
Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
Sweater/ jackets for the night
Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
Track pants and cotton T-shirt