DAY 5: 27th June 2018
Gangtok - Bagdogra- Kolkata- Ranchi
We had our flight back home from Bagdogra airport which was at 4 hours drive from Gangtok and its near Siliguri.
1. Bagdogra airport is the nearest airport to Gangtok and Pakyong Airport is the newly inaugurated airport at Gangtok.
2. Book a car from Gangtok for the whole trip that is most convenient.
3. Pre booked hotels at Lachen and Lachung works best. There are no luxury hotels at this part of the state but the hotels are comfortable.
4. You need an Inner Line Permit to go to North Sikkim for which the driver takes care of a day before you leave. So carry an identity card and 2 passport size photos.
5. Be careful in using the camera there are restricted areas, do not break the rules.
6. Do not carry packed water plastic bottle instead keep refilling your own bottle. The people here are very much aware to keep their place clean and plastic free.
7. Carry medicines , specially for Gurudongmar lake as it is at an altitude of 17,000 ft which makes few people dizzy (depends on your fitness level).