Location- Mauritius, officially known as the Republic of Mauritius, is an island in the Indian Ocean. The main island is located in the southeast cost of the African continent. With its white beaches and crystal clear water, this place is idyllic destination for a perfect holiday.
Best time to visit -
The best time to visit is May-December, when the weather is cool and dry, expect some beautiful beaches, cocktails and seafood, and sundrenched days on your Mauritius holiday. The Island has warm tropical climate year around.
We visited Mauritius in October ,2016 and I personally love the vibe of the place it's not like an ordinary beach holiday , it also a place where you can feel alive, with many activities and places to visit you will never feel bored in your Mauritius holiday.
Our stay- We stayed in Le Palmiste Resort and SPA in Mauritius, its locates near the Trou-aux-Biches. A beautiful resort, and it's just a 5 min walk to the beach. Mauritius has many things to offer, from scenic beauty to adventurous activity this place has it all-
Let's see some of the top attraction of Mauritius- 1) Excursion to Ile Aux Cerfs-
Ile Aux Cerf Island is one of the most popular place to visit in Mauritius, you can check with any local tour partner or just hire a speed boat to reach there. This place is famous for its clear water and white sand beach. You can also have authentic lunch in the island and indulge yourself in activities like parasailing, speed boat rides, water skiing, wakeboarding and banana rides and the Ile aux Cerfs Treetops Adventure. One full day is necessary to explore the island completely. If you are golf lover you can enjoy playing golf in the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club.
2) Mauritius City Tour- There are lot more in Mauritius apart from the beaches, you can dedicate one full day to explore the beautiful city of Mauritius. Port Louis is the capital of the Mauritius, it is known for it French architecture. From museum markets and foods, this place is the central of Mauritius. Building from the Colonial Period now used for the government. Quite grand for the island and it has an interesting architecture. Among the top things to do in Port Louis, Mauritius, visiting the famous Blue Penny Museum is a must! Discover the rich Mauritian culture, art & architecture in this museum. The main attraction of this museum is the red one penny and blue two-penny stamps. These rarest Post-Office stamps were issued in the year 1847 and can be found in this museum. Named after the Queen Adelaide, the fort has been built between 1834 and 1840, under the direction of William IV. Great historical place to visit.
It's a one stop destination for everything from shopping to Casino it has all. You can experience local food, restaurants offers great authentic food, you can do banking, watch movies or simply relax by the sea.
The Cap Malheureux Church
The Notre Dame Auxiliatrice Church is famous for its lovely red roof, it is a beautiful place to visit. It's a picturesque place where you can take as many beautiful pictures you want .
Marie Reine de la Paix is an open church on the side of Signal Mountain, where you have a beautiful panoramic view of Port-Louis. 3) Volcano of Trou aux Cerfs- One of the famous natural tourist attractions in Mauritius is the Trou aux Cerfs dormant volcano located about 1 kilometer from the town of Curepipe. The dormant, volcanic crater is around 605 meters above sea level, with a diameter of 350 meters and a depth of around 100 meters. Interestingly, Trou aux Cerfs is also known as 'Murr's Volcano'.
4) Ganga Talao or Grand Bassin Ganga Talao (commonly known as Grand Bassin in Mauritius) is a crater lake, about 550 meters above sea level, located in the mountainous Southwest district of Savanna. This place is famous for the temple of Lord shiva. You can find the gigantic Shiva statue here, which is 108 feet long and the highest statue in Mauritius.
5) Seven Colored Earth- The seven Colored earth or The Colored Earth of Chamarel is a great tourist attraction, where you can see different colors of the soil at one place. Basically it the colors evolved through conversion of basaltic lava to clay minerals.
This place is quite big to explore, it has a little zoo, waterfalls, children's park basically it is a big nature park 6) Mauritius National Botanical Garden-you can do activities like ATV ride, zip lining etc
6) Mauritius National Botanical Garden-
If you are a nature lover you must visit the national botanical garden of Mauritius, this place is beautiful and full of nature.
7) Southern Island Treasure-
8) Water activities- As I told you before Mauritius offers many activities to do, from deep water fishing to under Water Sea walk you can do whatever you want. Mauritius offers activities like - SUP (stand up and Paddle), Windsurf, Laser Sailing, Parasailing, Water Ski, Pirate Boat Trip, Kayaking, Sun Tanning on Floating Beach, Kite surfing, FLYn'DiveTM, Semi Submarine trip, Seabob Adventure, Underwater Sea Walk Excursion and many more.
I have done parasailing and under water sea walk and believe me you will rediscover yourself by doing these activities.
Happy travelling !!!