• Wadi Mujib was one of the best experience we had in our entire Jordan Trip
• A river canyon hike through tall siq trail, wadi Mujib was thrilling and absolute fun.
• We left Aqaba in the morning and reached Wadi Mujib after a 3-hour long drive.
• We parked the car outside Wadi Mujib, rented water hiking shoes, one water proof bag for keeping our personal belongings and went on for one of the most amazing adventure hike.
• We hiked through long siq trails, through sandstone rocks up to a beautiful waterfall in the middle of nowhere. The water level at the entrance is quite low but rises up to the waist level at some places. There are fixed ropes in such places which are used to cross the current.
• You can also hire a guide to take your through the hike as water level at some places are high and one might require assistance to battle the current. However, we chose to hike all the way to the waterfall ourselves.
#TheExploringEyes Tip – If you are road tripping across Jordan, be very sure to enter “Wadi Mujib Chalets” in your GPS to reach the entry point. It is just opposite to the entrance of Wadi Mujib. Putting just ‘Wadi Mujib’ will take you to the top of the waterfall which is a total detour from the entrance of wadi Mujib.
• We drove to Madaba that evening thorough insanely scenic Dead Sea Highway with mountains on one side and Dead sea on the other side