Post-breakfast, we embarked on our journey back to Shimla. Although the trip was on the verge of ending, we still couldn’t stop drooling over our experiences. We were there in Shimla at around 3′ O clock in the afternoon and each one of us was craving for food! Wasting no time, we set out for binging on some momos and apple cider 🙂
Well, all good things need a celebration before coming to an end!
(Check out this Spiti Valley Photo Story)
Things To Remember Before You Go For A Winter Spiti Roadtrip
We understand that you might also be keen to go for this and experience the mystical beauty of Spiti Valley in winter. For the adventurous souls out there, this might turn out to be the best time to visit Spiti, but here are a few things that we would like to share with you.
- You need to be physically fit and have the courage to deal with the extreme cold temperature. Winter in Spiti is harsh and temperatures are known to plummet to lesser than -35 Degree Celcius at night.
- Make sure you don’t have any medical condition before heading to the trip, similar to asthma or any other sickness, which will cause you major damage on the trip.
- Most of the pipelines freeze during this season, and only dry toilets are functional, so be prepared for it.
- Due to unpredictable weather conditions, the roads might get blocked anytime and plans might have to be altered.
- Other than BSNL & Jio, there’s no connectivity in the valley. Even these two might not be operational always. So you should be well aware that getting in touch with people back at home can be an issue.