Best time to Visit
Chandra Taal is open only from June until September. All campsites become operational only during this period. The best time to visit would be late June or early July as the monsoon season begins in the third week of July, and landslides are common at this time.
Day 1: Delhi – Manali
Day 2: Manali – Rohtang Pass – Khoksar – Batal – Chandra Taal
Day 3: Chandra Taal
Day 4: Chandra Taal – Batal – Gramphu- Rohtang Pass- Manali
Day 5: Manali – Delhi
• Must keep Buffer Days!
• Extend a couple of days to visit other untouched places in Spiti Valley.
• Do not miss fuel pumps at Manali.
• No Network! Only BSNL works.
• Stay hydrated and warm.
• Start early and sleep early.
• If self-driving, be in a group with other cars, as you will need someone to push your car to cross waterfalls and Pagal nalahs.
• Keep the expert local driver