This is probably one of the most important reasons why we feel Hotel Auspicious is the most ideal hotel for your stay in Leh. Since, we hadn't got a chance to research much about hotels in Leh, we weren't sure if our package was reasonably priced. On reaching Leh, we went around the town generally enquiring hotel tariffs and travel costs. Here is what we found:
Stay at a 3-star hotel in Leh costs approx. Rs. 4,000 per night Stay at a tent in Nubra costs approx. Rs. 3,000 per night Stay at Pangong-Tso costs Rs. 2,500-3,000 per night for a tent and Rs. 3,500 - Rs. 4,000 for a cottage Inner line permit costs approx Rs. 400 per person A car with driver for a one-night trip to Nubra Valley costs approx. Rs. 13,000-Rs. 15,000 A car with driver for a one-night trip to Pangong Tso costs approx. Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 12,000 Local Leh sightseeing costs approx. Rs. 3000 per day.
Based on this, we figured out that our trip for 7 nights and 8 days would have cost us approximately Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 53,000 had we booked it entirely on our own instead of taking a package from Hotel Auspicious. And guess what? Hotel Auspicious charged us just Rs. 53,000/- for the package (Inclusions mentioned above) for the two of us and more importantly, saved us the trouble of making last-minute plans and bookings all by ourselves!
Some more positives
Finally, we would like to enlist just a few more fronts on which the hotel impressed us -
- Facility of making payment via net banking
- Prompt service as every member of the staff has a walkie-talkie for faster communication
- A small courtyard in the middle of the hotel which was a great spot to relax in the evenings
- Three categories of rooms to suit all tastes and budgets
- No trouble due to power cuts as the hotel has a generator
- Heater in the bathroom meant no need to call for a bucket of hot water before bathing (usually the practice in a standard hotel in Leh)
- A Tata Sky connection in all rooms ensured we feel connected with the rest of the world given that Jammu and Kashmir has poor internet connectivity.
How to book?
You can book your stay at the Hotel Auspicious either by visiting their website here http://www.theauspicioushotel.com or by calling the hotel directly at + 91 9622027631 or +91 9419177864 or +91 9810305264.
Our stay at Hotel Auspicious was really amazing and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Leh.
Have you stayed at this hotel? If yes, how was your experience? If not, which hotel in Leh did you stay at and how was your experience at that hotel?
Also, in case you are planning a trip to Leh Ladakh, check out the DOS AND DON'TS FOR YOUR LEH LADAKH TRIP!
We stayed at Hotel Auspicious in July, 2017. Hotel Auspicious did not in any way sponsor our stay. The views presented in this article are entirely our own based on our personal experience. We are writing this article on our own free-will. Hotel Auspicious has not asked to endorse them in any way.
This article was originally published on Couple of Journeys