Things To Remember
• Do not feed the dogs and cat (if you want to, do seek permission from the host).
• Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar have been declared as Eco sensitive zone. All plastic and non-biodegradable waste should be avoided and if brought should be taken away if brought in.
• This is a self-service sustainable space and not a serviceable space so you are requested to pick up after yourself.
• Special requests can be considered when it concerns elderly and children.
• Since this is no restaurant where food is ready to be served, you should select items for breakfast, lunch and dinner and intimate the host well in advance.
• Light use of the kitchen is permitted for baby food, seniors or health related special needs.
• Morning cup of tea/ coffee may be prepared by you in the kitchen - dry ingredients like tea, coffee, sugar and powdered milk will be provided but no cow milk.
• All utilities and space should be left as it was when you started.
• Loud music should be avoided.
• Check in time is 1.00pm. Check out 11.30 am. Flexible on request.
• Jio network works very well here. There is also a 60 MBPS BSNL wifi and an inverter.
• Hot water for bathing is provided once a day after 9.30 am in the morning.
• Soap is not available for bathing and washing but Shikakai is.
Shikakai has been used since ages for bathing and is a more sustainable form of living. But if soap is required then it is better to carry a tiny one.
1. On Airbnb - Book here
Starts from INR 2800 for 3 guests(excluding tax)
2. Call & Book
If booked directly it will be cheaper. So, in case you are interested you can directly connect with Mona Patrao
Address: Redstone Eco Centre and Organic Farm
Bhose Village, Panchgani - 412805
Landmarks: Opposite Temptations, near Strawberry Inn
While many may feel the need to be pampered during a vacation, it is equally important to feel closer to nature in order to understand the ecological services that the various ecosystems are providing us for our smooth lifestyle, that we are mindlessly exploiting and depleting for our needs. My attraction to this place is not just for its rustic, organic feel but also towards the host – Mona Patrao, who was way ahead of her time, knows her mind, follows her firm ideologies and principles that she does not stray from, come whatever the circumstances maybe and her focus towards bringing in a change and relentlessly working towards it. And till now is more than happy to share her knowledge and experience so that others can get a glimpse of what is around us and needs protection. And that level of focus takes a lot of courage, resilience, and grit – for which she is revered in the community and won my heart!!
So, if the monotonous city life has gotten to you and you are craving for a non-luxurious stay where you are happy to do your chores and live humbly amidst nature then this is the place for you. Not only that, every corner of this farm stay has a story to tell and a piece of history attached to its existence!
P.S. – Mona Patrao does need volunteers (preferably long term) to help her with the homestay and for the volunteers the stay would be free.
Ready to travel for free? Earn credits and redeem them on Tripoto’s weekend getaways, hotel stays and vacation packages! And don't forget to be a part of the largest online community of travellers on Tripoto’s Facebook page!