1. Buy an ezlink card on your arrival to SG and top up for $20 for transportation. SG transport system is very accessible. Minimum fare with card is $0.83 and maximum $2.15.
2. Carry water bottle at all times. Tap water is potable in Singapore. (Basically free rather than spending $2 on 500ml of water)
3. Carry sunglasses, umbrella and wear breathable clothes. Waterproof footwear is preferred. (Rains almost every afternoon)
4. Public transport can be cold.
5. Singapore hawker centres provide cheap and hygienic food. (Hygiene is graded in every food stalls)
6. Economical snacks: satays, old Chang kee (chicken chunky pops with cheese ($2.90), ice Milo ($2), sandwich ice cream ($2). (Singapore Dollar)
7. Sunsets at 6:30-7:30 pm
8. Claim gst refund for your shopping
9. Flower dome, skywalk and cloud forest in Gardens by Bay has an entrance fee (approx.$35-40 for three of them,also sold separately).
10. Other mentioned places on the itinerary doesn't have an entrance fee.
11. Recommend you to download Eatigo app for dining at restaurants with a discount up to 50% on attending the reservation.
12. Download Google maps for getting around Singapore (very helpful with the routes).
13. Singabus app to know the nearest bus stop and bus timings. Last bus from each terminal is 10/11 pm.
14. Affordable hostels are available all over Singapore.
15. Meals are available in most convenience stores. (Try Biryani with butter chicken from 7-11 store).